Description & Requirements
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is a leader in paper and packaging solutions.
We are looking for great talent like you to join our Maintenance team in Salinas, Ca!
Our name may be new to you, but you see our products every day – from the box on your doorstep to your favorite brand’s unique packaging. WestRock manufactures packaging used in the food, foodservice and beverage industries, shipping solutions for e-commerce, packaging for healthcare products, and more!
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to make an impact and solve challenges for the world’s best brands? We’re seeking fresh perspectives to help us deliver value to the brands we serve. Let’s connect!
What we offer:
- We provide a work environment committed to safety
- Competitive pay
- Eligible for Overtime pay
- Shift(s): Must be available to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift until builds seniority with union
- Excellent and affordable benefits after 90 days of employment.
- Vacation Pay and 12 Paid Holidays
- We have a corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- WestRock offers a variety of benefits and group health insurance options, the premium costs of which are currently shared by employees and WestRock (health, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, paid time off, employee assistance program, matching 401K and retirement savings account).
- A career with a global packaging company where Safety, Sustainability, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Electrical Maintenance Technician: Primary duties include providing safe and timely electrical support, preventative maintenance, installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and resolution of multiple operating machines within a manufacturing industrial environment. The ideal candidate will have mechanical and electrical experience, a familiarity with hydraulics, steam systems and pneumatics and have troubleshooting experience with proven ability of machine repair.
What you need to succeed:
- Trouble shooting industrial electrical control systems down to component level
- An operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery which includes; motors, servos, pumps, drives, relays, 3 phase power, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls, and power transmission systems.
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Familiar with steam generating systems and safety compliance
- Able to install and set up both A/C and D/C drives
- PLC trouble shooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude.
- Must be able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Working knowledge of power transmission equipment and bearings.
- Basic welding skills preferred but not required.
- Familiar with pumps, both air and electric.
- Able to install and trouble shoot basic 3 phase motor control circuits
- Some knowledge of the various types of sensors and limit switches
- Familiar with computers and Microsoft software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime
- High school diploma or equivalent Military training and or Technical School preferred