Whether you’re an employer or a job seeker, we have resources during the COVID-19 disaster response to assist you.
The Monterey County Workforce Development Board is continuing to serve as your resource liaison for the business community and job-seekers impacted by COVID-19. Although our America’s Job Centers are closed to walk-in traffic, we’re innovating to make resources available by phone, email and teleconferencing to businesses and job seekers wishing to connect for services in these uncertain times.
Employers can find information about the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification / (WARN) on our home page or by linking to our COVID-19 Resource Page. Job Seekers can find information about Unemployment Insurance, Family Medical Leave and critical information also on our homepage.
Employers that need to file a WARN Notice should address the letter to the following individuals by name:
- Christopher Donnelly, Executive Director, Monterey County Workforce Development Board
- Chris Lopez, Board Chair, County of Monterey, Board of Supervisors
- State of California, Employment Development Department
Update: The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act allocated $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed amid the pandemic and economic downturn. Known as the Paycheck Protection Program the initiative provides 100% federally guaranteed loans to small businesses who maintain their payroll during this emergency.
Small businesses are the foundation of our communities and our economy. Employing nearly half the American workforce, companies like yours keep our neighborhoods running and make them feel like home. We know you’re facing multiple challenges right now, and every dollar counts. Funded by corporate and philanthropic partners, the Save Small Business Fund is a collective effort to provide $5,000 grants to as many small employers as we can. We hope these supplemental funds will help you get through the next days and weeks.
We’re here to help you and encourage you to contact us for more information. In the spirit of supporting the fight against COVID-19 and in deference to the Monterey County Shelter in Place mandate; stay safe, stay healthy and stay home!
Contact us toll free:
- For Employers: 1 (844) 932-4249
- For Job Seekers: 1 (866) 666-9332
The Monterey County Workforce Development Board (MCWDB) Administrative Office will be relocating as of May 6th – 8th. The MCWDB is moving to our new location at 344 Salinas Street in Salinas. We will be reopening for business on May 11th, 2020.
Our team of Business Services professionals offers businesses a full range of coordinated services at no cost to employers that can save your business time and money.
Need business assistance during COVID-19?
- Guide to Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Loans
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Resources & Webinars Guide
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- Small Business Webinar Series
- Clinic for Nonprofits Accessing SBA COVID-19 Relief Funds
- Need to file a WARN Notice?
- U.S. Small Business Administration has approved all counties for the State of California for the COVID-19 Disaster Loan Assistance.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Fact Sheet – ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOANS
- COVID-19 Emergency Small Business Loans Guide and Checklist (CARES)
- Help for Employers and Employees when downsizing occurs
- Families First Coronavirus Response ActWork sharing program
For Job Seekers
Our team of professionals located at the America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM in Monterey County offers a full range of coordinated career services at no cost to job seekers.
Need job seeker assistance during COVID-19?
How to apply for Unemployment Benefits?