Website Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist, Inc. (VRSI)
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists Inc. (VRSI) has multiple full-time Employment Specialist positions available in our Marina office.
The Employment Specialist is responsible for performing the day-to-day delivery of reintegration services for Veterans who are at risk of losing housing. The Employment Specialist will work closely with Veterans to ensure the service reflects the veteran’s needs, abilities, and employment goals. They will coach, support, and monitor Veterans in the initial stages of employment and maintain relations with employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Case Management
· Source Job Openings
· Securing Employment for Clients
· Case Note Writing
· Resume Writing
· Coach and Prepare Candidate for Interviews
· Individual Employment Planning
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Associate’s degree in Business, Counseling, Vocational Rehabilitation, or related field.
· Minimum of one (1) year of related experience in job development, recruiting, or counseling.
· Must work independently and as a team member.
· Excellent writing, counseling, and communication skills.
· Ability to be insured by company car insurance to drive a company vehicle.
· Business skills to conduct job searches.
· Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Other Valuable Experience:
· Veteran Services
· Social Work
· Case Work
Anticipated Start Date:
· July 1st, 2022
· Monday – Friday (0800-1630 or 0830-1700)
· $17.00 – $21.50 based on experience
· VRSI does not offer medical, dental, or vision insurance
· VRSI does offer SIMPLE IRA
Company Holidays & Time Off:
· 7 Paid Company Holidays
· 24 Hours of Sick Time after 90 days of employment
· No PTO or Vacation (any scheduled time off is unpaid)
Applications & Interviews:
· Accepting applications starting on Monday, June 13th, 2022.
· Applications will remain open until all positions are filled.
· First round of interviews will take place the week of June 21st 2022.
· Interviews will take place via Teams or Zoom.