Position: Community Relationship Manager
Type: Full-time, Regular, Exempt Position
Reports to: Vice President Resource Development
Department: Resource Development
The Community Relationship Manager, as a member of the Resource Development Department, is charged with creating, executing, and supporting community engagement activities as well as raising revenue to support the mission of United Way Monterey County and all of the organization’s programs. This position is responsible for ensuring volunteer programs and events are executed with excellence by providing a superior experience for all involved, to grow relationships and increase the number of top UWMC partner volunteers from year to year. This position is also primarily responsible for raising charitable funds through the workplace giving campaign, sponsorships, and individual donors. This includes maintaining accurate data related to fundraising and communicating with the public about United Way Monterey County programs, volunteer projects, initiatives, grant making and overall role in the community. The Community Relationship Manager is also expected to participate in special events and projects, take leadership role(s) as assigned, and support the Vice President of Resource Development in all fundraising and volunteer engagement activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Develops and implements volunteer projects and other engagement events held by UWMC for current and potential donors, volunteers, partners, so they can have “hands-on” experience of the positive impact UWMC has on the community.
· Develop relationships with local businesses with a goal of developing corporate social responsibility events and activities.
· Utilize UWMC volunteer platform to manage, grow and engage a community of volunteers while widening public participation and diversity. Updates and analyzes volunteer platform to provide Resource Development team with accurate and reliable information for use in growing donations and volunteers.
· Collaborates and corresponds with the Marketing team to ensure all pre-and post-event marketing needs are being met for both internal and external communication of upcoming events.
· Works with the Marketing team on developing an effective strategy for volunteer project messaging and other United Way year-round events to ensure a positive brand image and increased participation.
· Manages communications to all volunteer attendees’ pre-and post-volunteer events.
· Provides all necessary communication to UWMC staff and volunteers on all volunteer elements to ensure everyone involved is aware of their role so that events run efficiently and effectively.
· Supports AmeriCorps VIP Members in their volunteer recruitment and retention goals, plans and activities for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Volunteer Education College Assistance Alliance (VECAA).
Workplace Campaigns and Fundraising
· Manages the preparation and development of annual campaign plans and calendars.
· Review and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of past campaigns, changes in economic conditions, and any additional factors which may impact the workplace campaign.
· Prepare written recommendations on fundraising strategies, identify potential areas for improvement and implement action plans.
· Participate in the development and preparation of collateral materials for workplace campaigns and corporate sponsorships.
· Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications in developing, translating, and reviewing Spanish materials.
· Arrange and conduct campaign and event presentations to full spectrum of employees, small business, and corporate partners to generate participation in volunteer events and to increase awareness of the work of UWMC.
· Assist corporate partners with fundraising events and innovative ideas to encourage giving.
· Implement Stewardship Plans.
· Track and analyze revenue results through use of donor database software.
· Assist VP of Resource Development in developing and managing annual budget.
· Mission oriented – Performance and professional motivations are driven by a commitment to creating real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
· Relationship oriented – Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
· Collaborator – Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
· Results driven – Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
· Brand Steward – Steward of the United Way brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the organization and greater network.
· Drives Revenue –results driven, with a focus on gaining the resources to support United Way’s mission and community impact-focused strategic objectives.
· Strategic Relationship Building – develops and maintains strategic relationships that generate the resources necessary to support United Way’s mission.
· Effective and Engaging Communicator – effective and passionate communicator, articulating the United Way message in a way that inspires others to act in service to the organization and the community.
· Embracing Change – champions and facilitates change to ensure long-term community sustainability. Adapts to changing needs while maintaining positive relationships with all constituents, internal and external.
· Entrepreneurial and Innovative – creatively seeks new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources that add greater value to the organization and the community.
· Comfortable with public speaking.
· Self-motivated, able to work independently and as an integral part of a team.
· Discretion and commitment to maintaining information confidentiality.
· Proficient in use Microsoft Office Suite Applications with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and willingness to learn Salesforce and other fundraising database software.
· Ability to provide outreach to locations with limited accessibility.
· Able to lift, carry and transport a 25 pound box.
· Flexible hours.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a reliable automobile.
· Travel by car throughout Monterey County, daily or weekly, as needed.
· Fluent bi-lingual Spanish speaker preferred.
· BA degree or equivalent with emphasis in Communications, or Business Administration preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years of experience, preferably in project management, resource development and community outreach
Compensation: Based on experience
Benefits: Benefits include healthcare, dental, vision, retirement plan, disability, life and generous paid time off and holiday policies.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000 salary commensurate with experience
To Apply: To Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Director of Operations
United Way Monterey County