February 2021 Information Sessions about Production/Assembly roles at Tesla
About the Jobs
Tesla’s Fremont Factory employs over 10,000 local workers and are always hiring.
· Openings: Production Associate (assembly) and Material Handlers (forklift drivers)
· Rate: $21/hr day, $23.10/hr night
· Benefits: Production roles are full time, with 100% medical, vision, and dental benefits, retirement plans, and stock purchase plans, along with a very competitive hourly wage
· Transportation: Free daily shuttles from Salinas and Gilroy, as well as Enterprise van pool credits
· Advancement: Tesla encourages internal mobility and has pathways/training programs for Production Associates who might be interested in more technical roles in the factory after 6 months
· No prior manufacturing assembly experience is required: Tesla Production Associates come from a variety of previous work, professions, industries, and experience levels. Tesla will train and certify everyone to be comfortable in a manufacturing environment.
· No HSD required
· Background checks are conducted but justice-involved individuals are not necessarily excluded
About the Information Sessions
The February information sessions will cover Tesla broadly and then really zoom in on immediate opportunities in Production and their expedited hiring process.
Sessions are virtual via Microsoft Teams. Participants shouldn’t need an account and should be able to participate on mobile phones if a computer or other device is not available.
No RSVP or registration required: The sessions will repeat every Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon throughout the month of February, and candidates can simply log in to any session that works for them using the links below and on the flyer.
At the end of the session, candidates who were invited from the Monterey County AJCC will be directed to apply using a specially-created link. This will allow Tesla to “track” them by origin and keep us posted as to how many apply/are hired! The application links can be shared and used as much as you like outside of the presentations as well.
Tuesday mornings (10-11:30am) in February presentation link: https://tinyurl.com/TuesdayMornings
Thursday afternoons (2-3:30pm) in February link: https://tinyurl.com/ThursdayAfternoons
Link to Production Associate/Material Handler Application: https://tinyurl.com/MontereyAJCC
About the Application/Hiring process
Tesla has created specific application links for candidates coming from Monterey County AJCC to use in applying, so that they can track and share application and hiring data with us.
1. Candidate applies (hopefully using our specially-created link)
2. Candidate receives an interview questionnaire. There is no in-person interview, and the questionnaire is geared towards gauging soft skills: Teamwork, how they might interact with a supervisor, the importance the candidate places on safety in the workplace, etc.
3. Questionnaire is evaluated by the recruiting team
4. Successful candidates are invited to a group “virtual offer session” in which we extend a verbal offer and tell the candidates we will be initiating the candidate’s background check and drug tests
5. Once the results from the background and drug tests are in, the candidate receives a call from a recruiter to select a start date and receive the written offer of employment
All in all, the process can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks. The piece that takes the longest is the background check which is done by a vendor we partner with. And we encourage all candidates to pursue the background and drug test, since everything is contextual.