Website Tenji Inc.
Inspiration & Innovation
Job Title: Aquarium Service Technician
The Aquarium Service Technician works with the Aquarium Service Manager to support Tenji’s local clients and helps with various responsibilities in Tenji’s showroom space in Carmel, CA and workshop space in Sand City, CA.
Aquarium Service Technician Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as an Aquarium Maintenance Specialist for Tenji’s aquarium and pond accounts in Monterey and South Bay Area locations.
• Service and maintain aquarium systems and ponds which includes, but not limited to:
- Performing regular water changes
- Cleaning glass and acrylic windows
- Scrubbing artificial rockwork
- Cleaning mechanical filter media
- Performing various water quality tests
- Fragging live coral
- Mixing new seawater
- Servicing Reverse Osmosis/Deionization filters
• Drive Tenji service vehicle to various locations in Monterey and South Bay Area
• Perform office related tasks such as time tracking, purchasing products, inventory management, filling out service records for work performed
• Engage with clients
• Help with regular cleaning duties at office and showroom space
• Complete minor maintenance of service vehicle such as cleaning and topping off fluids.
• Education – High School or equivalent
• 3+ years in the aquarium industry or hobby
• Experience with live coral aquariums preferred
• Proficiency in the use of computers:
• Understanding of fresh and saltwater aquatic life and maintenance/cleaning requirements
• Personal characteristics:
- Communicate effectively
- Problem solver
- Work independently
- Customer service skills
- Relocating to Monterey, CA area is a requirement.
- Ability to work “on call”
- Must have good driving record
- Ability to lift 80 pounds
- Must be able to bend/twist body to clean aquariums
- Valid state driver’s license with good driving record
- Open water dive certification preferred, but not required
Minimum base compensation begins at $21 / hour with the opportunity for higher salary commensurate with qualification and experience.
Tenji provides its full-time employees with a generous benefits package, including health care, retirement, paid vacation, paid sick time, profit sharing, and more.