Website Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
$17.00 – $18.00 / Hour
This position is eligible to earn an extra $300 per paycheck when you work an average of 30 hrs per week in a pay period!
Leads by example providing the highest level of Guest Service. Under the direct supervision of the Restaurant Manager and Foodservice Operations assistant manager, is responsible for the successful day-to-day performance of a store.
Coordinates training, relief, opening and closing of a specific restaurant, delivers exceptional Guest experiences and contribute to achieving financial targets.
overall food safety is maintained. Enforce the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) policies and regulations and ensure they are followed by all staff. May be assigned to supervise different restaurants and to do other restaurant duties.
Unique Job Requirements
This is a unique opportunity to join the Boardwalk’s great Guest Service Team as the leader of a department.
Required to be available between 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., 7 days a week including holidays, including possible overtime and split shifts as needed. Must be at least 18 years old.. Must understand and enforce company and departmental policies. Must be willing to conform to company grooming and hygiene requirements presenting a clean and polished image through attire. Ensure the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) policies and regulations are followed by all employees . Understand, comply and enforce food safety procedures. Must obtain a CA Food Handler card within 30 days of hire, or show proof of existing CA Food Handler card.
FTR position must obtain ServSafe Manager food safety certification within one year of employment.
• Service Excellence : Serve as a role model for working together. Support cross-functional efforts and model collaborative behaviors, Four Simple Things, to set the example for your team members.
• Work daily to develop team members through positive, constructive feedback and coaching.? Be a source of energy, empathy, and trust.
• Maintain safety and sanitation requirements as established by health code regulation and department policies.
• Ensure menu items are prepared in accordance to food safety practices observing food appearance and quality is maintained.
• Observes for best practices procedures to control cost of goods
•Discipline employees within established department and company policies.
• Develop and train to promote leaders.
• Keep Foodservice Operational Supervisor and direct Supervisor informed of significant concerns and issues.
• Sell beer in conformance with the state law and company policies.
• Assist in controlling labor and cost of sales.
•Prepare weekly work schedule for staffing restaurant.
•Observe labor regulations and procedures; restrictions for minor and general rest requirements
•Daily and hourly: evaluate sales readings and suggest labor adjustments to control labor and efficiency
• Complete weekly and monthly inventory.
• Check supplies and maintain restaurant stock levels.
• Handle guest inquires and complaints.
• Take hourly sale readings and calculate restaurant productivity.
• Handle cash over/short forms for customers and conduct cashier audits.
• Make recommendations for improvements in menus, food quality, training and Guest service.
• Make recommendations for updating procedures and training literature.
• Conduct safety and customer service observations.
• Perform duties of a Food Service Operator as required.
• As assigned, perform duties of “Manager in Charge”
• Assign and give breaks.
• Clean machines as requested.
• Prepare and present Employee Performance Evaluations.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Carry a radio.
• Promote company events to the employees.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
All levels of Santa Cruz Seaside Company employees.
High volume of interaction with guests.
Qualifications: Training and Experience
Must excel at providing outstanding Guest Service.
At least six months of Leadership experience leading a team in providing customer service in a fast food establishment or restaurant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work as a team leader; train, motivate and supervise employees.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations.
• Ability to learn to operate the different functions of a cash register.
• Ability to learn, comply and enforce all Food Service department/company policies.
• Ability to stay focused on the job, while taking orders from many guests.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
• Ability to communicate clearly to guests and employees to give instructions and directions.
• Ability to train and motivate staff to provide consistent, friendly and helpful service.
• Ability to respond appropriately to difficult customer service situations, and to resolve guest issues.
• Ability to multitask and work in a very fast paced environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure with speed and accuracy.
• Ability to make quick decisions.
• Ability to obtain CA Food Handler card within 30 days of hire.
• Able to walk, bend, stretch and stand up for up to eight hours at a time.
• Able to climb stairs.
• Able to work in a noisy, fast-paced environment.
• Bi-manual dexterity.
• Able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds from ground to waist height.
• Able to understand food service orders.
• Able to see to ensure quality of products and facilities.
Licenses / Insurance
Testing Upon Offer or Hire