Website Salinas Valley Health
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) is responsible for serving as a bridge between enterprise-wide medical staff and Informatics/Information Technology Departments. The CMIO is the primary figure for enterprise-wide physician support by providing guidance and feedback for health system technology acquisition, implementation, education and strategic guidance. The CMIO will leverage clinical expertise to lead hospital projects and initiatives and work with multiple departments to achieve streamlined workflow that will improve the overall patient experience. CMIO is the subject matter expert for inpatient and outpatient Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and assists with decision making related to enterprise informatics projects by serving as a resource for the system’s Medical Staff.
- Enterprise Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) provides physician leadership in the acquisition, implementation and ongoing education and support of all Electronic Medical Record (EMR) platforms physicians and staff utilize in providing patient care.
- CMIO, alongside with the Clinical Informatics Team, forms the bridge between information technology and the clinical application of that technology in the practice of medicine.
- Assists with oversight and management of the organization’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR) including Orders and Order Set Management, Physician Documentation, and support of the ongoing programs utilized in providing inpatient and ambulatory care.
- CMIO will have a vision to perpetually explore technological advances offering opportunities to continue to improve clinical outcomes and optimize patient satisfaction.
- Supports the Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital (SVMH) EMR, Meditech, and the Salinas Valley Medical Clinic (SVMC) EMR, Epic. The CMIO will collaborate with a strong Enterprise Informatics Team comprising of Meditech Clinical informatics Analysts and Epic Analysts.
- Assists with Epic Implementations by providing feedback, consultation and training support.
- Assist with support of a Physician Support Team which provides Meditech training and 24/7 support.
- Forge strong alliances between Clinical Informatics, Executive and Nursing Leadership enabling the organization to successfully and efficiently update existing, as well as implementing new, clinical workflows to the betterment of patient care.
- Assist with the current optimization of SVMH’s enterprise secure texting platform.
- Assists with IT technology upgrades
- Chairs and is a member of several regulatory and/or workflow decision-making committees.
- CMIO will be a part of system-wide healthcare strategic vision, planning and development.
- Responsible to stay up to date on all national and state regulatory requirements that affect Information technologies and/or system care.
Medical Staff Privileges: Salinas Valley Health and Salinas Valley Health Clinics
The hourly rate for this position is $144.24 – $168.27. The range displayed on this job posting reflects the target for new hire salaries for this position.