Website Fresh Express
Installs, repairs, replaces, and performs preventative maintenance inspections on, but not limited to, refrigeration equipment, chilled water systems, hydraulics, wastewater systems, Nitrogen generation, and air compressors.
- In-depth knowledge of all tools and equipment applicable to trade
- Response to emergency calls evaluates situations, and takes corrective action.
- Work overtime when emergencies arise in order to prevent disruption of the facility.
- Maintains a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency.
- Operate CMMS system and demonstrates competency
- Effectively communicate with production and other mechanics to identify problematic areas of concern; provide and receive feedback and/or support through collection and analysis of information.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the company’s objectives including productivity, yields, food safety, quality, customer service, and cost goals. Supports achieving those goals.
- Perform daily inspections, emergency repairs, and routine adjustments; follows periodic preventive maintenance schedule. Participates in safety teams.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Required to stand for extended periods of time (duration of the shift, 8 hours or more); walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; bend continuously, or crawl. The incumbent must be able to climb stairs and ladders or step up onto a platform several times throughout the shift and is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to push/pull/lift and/or move 50 pounds. The incumbent must operate powered industrial equipment, hand, and power tools skillfully and safely.
Routinely exposed to wet/cold conditions of 34 – 36 degrees and also at times hot conditions; high, precarious places (ex: 25 feet above ground level for extended hours); and outside weather conditions (rooftop). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud, which requires hearing protection.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Must work effectively in a team setting
- Effective communication skills
- Familiarity with preventive or reliability based maintenance
- Possess IIAR Industrial Refrigeration I
- Hands-on experience with cooling processes, ammonia refrigeration, vacuum pumps, refrigeration compressors, condensers, purging, and water treatment.
- Have mechanical experience with a good mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of electrical power maintenance (480V) and process controls troubleshooting (PLC level to the device level).
Pneumatic and hydraulic systems experience
- Experience with HVAC system operation and maintenance
- Food processing industry experience
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish/Vietnamese/Cambodian)
- Ability to use Microsoft computer programs: Outlook, Word, Excel
Minimum 5 years minimum experience as refrigeration operator in a fresh food processing environment
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED
Must pass a drug and background check.
Please apply at http://www.freshexpress.com/careers