Website Morgan Winery
Morgan Winery is now Hiring!
Morgan Winery is a family-owned winery with a focus on Santa Lucia Highlands pinot noir and chardonnay. We are looking for qualified and enthusiastic candidates for the 2022 vintage.
The Harvest Cellar Worker will assist with all wine production duties under the direction of the Winemaker and Enologist. This is a temporary position: anticipated duration of work is early/mid-August to November/December. This is a full-time position: base hours are M-F 8-5, but actual hours are dependent upon weather and winemaking decisions. Overtime and weekend hours are frequently required. Hourly Rate: $18 – $22 / hour, depending on experience
• General cellar work- sanitation of all equipment, wine transfers, racking, filtration, topping
• Grape receival, sorting, destemming, and pressing
• Fermentation management, barrel filling, addition of nutrients and yeasts
• Forklift transportation of barrels and equipment
• At least 21 years of age
• Legal US work status
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record
• Good humor and willing attitude
• Interest in wine and the winemaking process
• Reliable and punctual means of getting to and from work
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions with acute attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining high safety standards
• Basic math skills
• Prior cellar experience of at least one harvest in a small to medium sized winery
• Current forklift certification
• Spanish language ability
• Ability to detect flaws and attributes in wines
Physical and Work Environment Requirements:
• Must be able to bend, squat, climb, push, stoop, and crouch repeatedly
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods
• Must be able to lift 50-lbs repeatedly
• Must be able to work in confined spaces and high places
• Work environment includes both indoors and outdoors
• Work environment includes cold/hot temperatures, wet surfaces, etc.
• Work environment frequently includes use of chemicals that requires protective equipment (goggles, gloves, etc.)
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you.