Website Monterey County Behavioral Health
Public health department
A full time inpatient psychiatric attending position is available on our adult psychiatric unit at Natividad Hospital. Psychiatrist are responsible for admission, discharges, and ongoing treatment for
patients admitted to the hospital. Reasonable caseloads allow for ample time with patients and connecting with unit staff. Daily multi-disciplinary rounds, teaching of residents and medical students,
peer supervision, and monthly administrative staff meetings are an integral component of this position. Consultation to medical floors and ED can be incorporated into duties. Weekend call optional
and is for additional pay.
• Candidates must hold or be eligible for California Medical Licensure.
• Candidates must be board certified adult psychiatrist with hospital experience in the last 2 years, or a new graduate who is board eligible.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
• Full or part-time candidates will be considered.
This position provides the following limited employee benefits while maximizing compensation:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- CME allowance.
- As a condition of employment, an employee is required to participate in and contribute to the
Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), with the employer’s share of the contribution to
be paid by the County and the employee’s share to be deducted from employee’s compensation.
- An employee who works at least half-time shall be entitled to purchase at his/her own cost
– Coverage for employee and dependents in the employer’s health insurance program
(health, dental and vision)
– Group term life insurance
- Reasonable expenses incurred through attendance at professional meetings, schools, and
- Ten holidays per year and 23 days annual leave per year, pro-rated for less than full-time
- Eligible employees may elect to buy back/cash-out annual leave, if applicable.
Application and Selection Procedures
For consideration of positions in the Behavioral Health Bureau, please email your Curriculum Vitae to:
Dr. Mark Alexakos, Medical Director
This is a continuous recruitment. Applications will be accepted and screened on an ongoing basis to fill vacancies as needed.
For more information or to receive application materials, see our web site at www.co.monterey.ca.us or contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at (831) 755-4519.