Education Operations Senior Coordinator
At the Monterey Bay Aquarium, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. We firmly believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices, working together, increases our capacity to serve our visitors and fulfill our mission. We welcome people from all walks of life into our team and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
The Education Operations Senior Coordinator assumes the role of primary point of contact for the onboarding of the division’s 50+ volunteers and the responsibility for field trip data and for Education’s call center; executes financial responsibilities and establishes data integrity; develops and documents policies, processes, and procedures for division efficiencies and effectiveness; provides administrative support as needed; performs other duties as required.
- Facilitate system requirements with IT, the web team, and School Programs Manager for designated databases (currently Tessitura and Salesforce); point person for Tessitura.
- Extract program data from the databases and analyzes it for integrity, accuracy, and relevance; imports field trip data (via Tessitura) and volunteer information (via FormAssembly) into Salesforce.
- Present analytical results—in the form of recommendations—to leadership and program staff on a regular basis to impact/influence strategic outreach, recruitment, etc.
- Handle Call Center voicemails and emails, including reservation updates and routing to appropriate teams/staff for responses.
- Coordinate volunteer programs logistics for the division (e.g., coordinates interview process, onboarding etc.); coordinates with
- Volunteer Engagement regarding volunteer records for administration, tracking, and annual statistics; HR point person for division volunteers.
- Create reports, dashboards, lists, etc. for leadership and staff.
- Train staff to become efficient database users (e.g., entering data, creating reports and lists, updating records, etc.).
- Execute financial processes—including stipends, purchase orders, invoices, vendor contracts, honorariums—in a timely manner; participates in the annual budgeting process.
- Participate in OTTERS’ (Offering Thoroughly Tested Education-Related Solutions) projects designed to create efficiencies in division processes.
- Execute program recruitment processes (e.g., creating emails through Wordfly, applications through FormAssembly, and documents through Docusign).
- Initiate the process and completion of documents for Continuing Education Units registration through CSUMB for Teacher Programs.
- Coordinate in-house catering as needed; represent Education for the annual volunteer appreciation evening gala and plans division celebration event and/or gifts for volunteers.
- Coordinate and schedule reservations for both transportation and program venues by collaborating with School Programs team and outside vendors.
- Coordinate internal moves and new employee/volunteer onboarding; schedule training and orientation for newly onboarded.
- Provide administrative support as needed (e.g., incoming/outgoing mail; Bechtel’s library; on/offsite asset inventory and storage; calendars and room reservations; inventory of all Bechtel supplies (e.g., department, custodial, office supplies), equipment, and resources).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Experience working with deadlines and solving problems resourcefully
- Excellent oral communication, formal writing skills, time management, and organizational skills
- Experience in task and detail-oriented positions, must be able to work both as a member of a team and independently, with minimal supervision
- Intermediate experience with a data management system, Salesforce preferred
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office – especially Excel , Word, and Visio – or similar office applications
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Docusign and Docusign Retrieve
- Familiarity with WRIKE, Adobe Acrobat, Sage Intacct, and Adaptive Insights
- Familiarity with a reservation software such as Tessitura
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, purchasing, and invoice processing
- Beginning to intermediate data analysis skills
- Familiarity with Google Suite products
- Assumes defined roles in support of program development as needed and/or desired
- Ability to work within, and maintain Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Core Values
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within the first 3 months of employment, a valid California driver’s license in order to operate Monterey Bay Aquarium vehicles