Website MOD Movers
top professional moving companies in Monterey CA
Packers consider the most space-efficient way to send a variety of items of different shapes, sizes and weights. They collect the necessary shipping materials like packing foam, bubble wrap, cling wrap and tape to create a shipping package that will protect the items inside. Packers also note any special considerations about the order by labeling the shipping container with information about any perishable, fragile or potentially dangerous items inside.
Packer Duties and Responsibilities
- Weighing packages and labeling them appropriately
- Inspecting packages to ensure they are not damaged
- Inspecting shipping containers to ensure they meet shipping regulations
- Assembling daily orders by shipping location or any other shipping categories
- Keeping records of packages including delivery notes, invoices, etc.
- Filling out packing and order forms with the relevant shipping information
- Sealing shipping containers and labeling them appropriately
- Cleaning shipping containers and other shipping supplies
Packer Skills and Qualifications
A suitable Packer needs to have the following skills and qualifications in order to be qualified for the role:
- In-depth knowledge of packing and shipping procedures.
- Ability to operate shipping vehicles
- Good knowledge of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment for long hours
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills