Website Slingshot Connections
Position: HR Generalist
Location: Soledad, CA
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a
professional level and works closely with other members of the HR team supporting the hourly employees.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, labor relations,
leaves of absence management, systems maintenance, training, goal setting/performance management, policy
implementation, and employment law compliance.
• Provide high-quality advice and service to employees and resolve any issues that may arise.
• Accountable for administration, tracking and communication of leaves of absence, in conjunction with vendor,
working closely with employees and managers. Maintain accurate records and reports of all leaves of absence.
Lead and manage interactive process as needed for ADA cases.
• Coordination of the hourly employment process and new hire packet and orientation administration, including
pre-employment processing of applicants (screening, referencing, I-9 verification) and completion of written
• Assure proper coding for LOA’s in ADPEV5 HRIS system for benefit administration purposes.
• Maintain employee records and records in personnel files, ADPEV5 and other systems.
• Conduct employee meetings to ensure smooth onboarding and retention. Help organize training &development
initiatives to assist with retention.
• Assist in development and implementation of personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and
interpretation to employees.
• Assists the manager in ensuring all steps of the grievance process as stated in the contract are followed.
• Will back up the HR supervisor as a mediator, counselor, and facilitator in arbitrating disputes between employees
and employees and their supervisors and managers, using care and judgment to ensure fairness and equity
throughout the counseling process. Will manage first level investigations when required.
• Ensure compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreement as well as Federal and State labor and discrimination laws
(e.g. Department of Labor, DFEH, wage and hour, ADA, etc.)
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with and between employees, supervisors and managers.
Maintain relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Promote and foster and environment of
open communication and honest, candid feedback.
• Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems needed to achieve goals.
• Create and implement goal setting and performance management programs for hourly union skilled positions
• Provide training to employees and supervisors on topics such as wage & hour laws, anti-harassment and other
• Maintain compliant I-9 forms and ensure E-Verify requests are completed in compliance with regulations.
• Monitor employee compliance by tracking employment authorization document expiration dates, process
notification letters to employees approaching expiration and advise management of issues as they arise.
• EEO/Affirmative Action Plan data tracking for all hourly positions. Compliance with EEO goals and objectives, and
management of the employment data base.
• Maintains organizational charts of all hourly employees by department.
• Responsible for coordinating wellness, recognition and employee engagement programs and events.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Competencies (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
• 5 plus years of human resources experience; or a combination of appropriate education and experience;
• Working knowledge of Federal and state labor laws and ability to understand company policies and procedures
• Excellent and responsive customer service focus
• Strong attention to detail with ability to analyze data
• Resourceful with a problem-solving aptitude to resolve issues
• Excellent time management, organizational skills and ability to perform effectively in a fast-faced environment.
• High level of skill in handling sensitive and confidential situations/information with the demonstrated ability to
maintain strict confidentiality
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work with employees at all levels of an organization
• Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues, and to
make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with
company standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government laws.
• Strong knowledge and experience with MS Office with intermediate Excel skills
• Previous experience working under a Collective Bargaining Agreement a plus
• Bilingual/Bi-literate English/Spanish required
Role Competencies (To Be Completed By HR)
• Functional Expertise
• Business Acumen
• Problem Solving
• Interpersonal Skills/Influence
Internal & External Relations
Managers, supervisors, all employees
Vendors, agencies, union representatives
Education and Certification
* Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, administration, communications or related field preferred
* aPHR Certification highly desired