Outside Sales Representative – Lumber
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
For 100 years and four generations of Hayward family leadership, Hayward Lumber has been committed to meeting and exceeding the needs of builders. Beyond full-service lumberyards, we offer window, door and cabinet design centers, pro-oriented hardware stores, and innovative building solutions designed to save time and money. Hayward Lumber is a family-oriented company that treats every employee as such. Our average tenure companywide is over 12 years and we pride ourselves in creating an environment in which you can learn, grow, and prosper. Hayward Lumber provides a competitive compensation structure, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and paid time off including vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
We operate 5 ½ days a week from 7 AM – 5 PM. Learn more at www.haywardlumber.com
Classification: Hourly Draw + Commission
Pay Range: $36k – 150k
Location: Pacific Grove
Reports To: Area Sales Manager
Hayward is to be the most dependable supplier of products, services and solutions to the construction market, as it has been since 1919.
- Develops relationships with existing and potential customers through personal and phone contact, ensuring completion of plan take-offs, bids and quotes, answering questions and solving problems
- Prepares and presents accurate sales proposals and quotes to prospective or current customers
- Maximizes the number of sales for existing market areas
- Provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service at all times.
- Research and provide accurate information to customers regarding proper materials and prices as well as technical information regarding application and specifications
- Performs job-site visits to ensure delivery and timely completion
- Ensures all projects generate appropriate profit margins to justify sale
- Coordinates all deliveries and credit pick-ups with yard dispatcher
- Attends activities and functions as a representative of company
- Develops process to track progress of customer’s projects and monitors progress
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in sales, new construction and/or commercial projects is preferred
- Some knowledge of building materials, building process, and local building codes
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.