Website Gateway Center of Monterey County Inc
Gateway Center is committed to provide support services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by continually expanding our understanding of the ever-changing needs of this community and tailoring our services to support all of our members. Gateway Center is staffed by dedicated, caring, and respectful providers who prove everyday that with a little understanding and patience every member of our community can live a full and satisfying life with dignity and respect.
We are looking for Caregiver/Direct Support Staff members for one of our residential facilities (Intermediate Care Facility 2) or “ICF 2” located at 850 Congress Ave. Pacific Grove
Plenty of part-time openings-Friday 2pm-10pm/Saturday 2pm-10pm/Sunday 6am-2pm
Plenty of Full Time positions open
AM shift (6am-2pm)
PM shift (2pm-10pm)
Mixed shift (2pm-10pm) (10pm-6am) full time five days a week
Overnight shift (10pm-6am) full time five days a week
(Employees working 30 hours/week or more are eligible for medical, vision and dental benefits the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment)
Please apply here and let us know which shifts you are interested in filling.
The Direct Support Professional is under the direct supervision and guidance of the Administrator and as designated the Home Leader(s). The DSP play the most important single role in the overall development and care of each person supported by this facility. The DSP’s primary duty is to follow each person’s individual service plan and provide active treatment. Specifically, Direct Care staff will:
· Serve as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team and provide direct input concerning Individual Service Plan. Participate in consultant evaluations and provide input.
· Promote independence in all critical life skills development through the implementation of each ISP and the philosophy of the facility. Have the ability to demonstrate knowledge of ISPs and ensure self care and assistance with self care is provided as needed.
· Be responsible for the health and safety of the individuals the facility supports which includes the passing of medication (after successfully completing the corresponding curriculum) and other health monitoring responsibilities as assigned by the RN.
· Provide continuous and accurate documentation of each person’s progress, problems and activities on a daily basis.
· Follow menus as written and approved by the dietitian for meal preparation, while involving the people supported by the facility.
· Document house maintenance needs.
· Complete required documentation/reports during the scheduled shift.
· Attend at least three hours per month of in-service training.
· Perform assigned household cleaning duties, while involving the people supported by the facility.
· Serve as a member of the ID Team and provide direct input concerning individual ISP. Participate in consultant evaluations and provide input.
· Perform needed physical assistance to people supported in caring for self-care and toileting needs and be familiar with adaptive equipment utilized by people supported (e.g. wheelchairs, lifts, etc.)
· Treat people supported and fellow staff with respect. Be knowledgeable of individual rights posted in the facility. Report any infringement of rights, abuse, neglect, mistreatment to the Administrator immediately.
· Attend work as scheduled.
· Be a positive representative of our agency.
· Mandated Reporter
· Report to the Administrator any observation of established procedures or personnel policies.
· Other job related duties as assigned by the Administrator.
– Must be willing to have a Live Scan Fingerprinting and clearance through DOJ
– Must pass a physical and TB test Covid-19 negative test
-Covid-19 vaccine if available
– Must have the ability to work with and develop each person’s potential; follow oral and written directions; write effectively; accept responsibilities; work and cooperate with others.
– Applicant will be required to have at least a high school education, be a Certified Nurse Aide, or have experience working with developmentally disabled in a residential or day setting.
-CPR/First Aid certificate (Preferred)
Visit us at: www.gatewaycenter.org
Serious applicants only, please.
Job Type: Full time
Salary: $15.50 /hour