Website FUJIFILM Ultra Pure Solutions
click on link to apply
FUJIFILM Ultra-Pure Solutions, a global leader in chemical solutions for the semiconductor manufacturing industry, has an exciting opportunity at our Castroville, CA facility for a Driver / Production Operator!
This role will be responsible for the safe transportation, loading and unloading of hazardous material and packaging. When not driving, this role will work to support production schedules as a trained production operator.
We are currently offering a sign on bonus!!
Payout schedule: End of 30 days: 50%End of 90 days: 50% 1st shift: $1,0002nd shift: $1,2503rd shift: $1,500 External US
- The safe and timely transportation of hazardous material to and from our site.
- Driving, loading, and unloading trailers, either individually or with assistance, with or without mechanical freight-handling equipment. Must be able to lift or move up to 65 lbs.
- Ensure that all shipping documentation (e.g., bills of lading, shipping orders or freight bills, etc.) required to move with shipments is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Maintain excellent customer relations.
- Support and participate in Environmental, Safety and Health and quality department programs and requirements.
Coordinate all local inbound/outbound routes to maximize freight efficiency.
- Batch processing and liquid production of solvents. Loading and offloading of bulk chemical solvents and blends into tanker trucks, holding vessels, railcars, and drums. Monitoring of tank truck and railcar loading and unloading.
- Handling and maintenance of equipment such as pneumatic sanitary pumps, hoses, and filter housings.
- Forklift and pallet jack operation.
- Prepare production processes by studying work orders, setting systems and controls. Produce solvents and solvent blends by initiating, monitoring, and controlling raw material processing.
- Maintaining quality standards by collecting samples, completing quality assurance tests, and adjusting process controls.
- Maintain processing system by investigating warnings and malfunctions, obtaining, or performing required maintenance service on production equipment.
- Cleaning-up after processing.
- Improve processing systems by identifying problems, evaluating, and recommending new techniques.
- Maintain processing environment by following safety, health, and environmental standards and procedures.
- Complying with legal state and federal regulations.
- Make the necessary decisions to ensure production targets are met to effectively keep operations on track.
- Be safety focused, knowledge of 5S, and Lean Initiatives helpful.
Ability to follow all procedures, work instructions, batch / work orders, special instructions, and finished goods analysis sheets.
- High School graduate or GED required
- Ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations
- Must have a valid state issued drivers’ license and clean driving record
- California state Class B Commercial License with HazMat endorsements or ability to obtain one
- Previous manufacturing operations experience desired.
- Must be able to work with other people in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Must pass physical and drug screen as specified by corporate and DOT guidelines
- This is a safety-sensitive position that requires candidates to successfully pass a post-offer drug screening prior to employment. One of the essential job functions is the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. Candidates must possess and maintain a valid DOT Medical Certification Card or, as a part of the conditional job offer, candidates must successfully pass the CDL medical exam prior to the start date.
MENTAL & EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Resilience – Adapting well in the face of workplace stressors, the ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and conflict situations, the ability to remain poised under all circumstances, the ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual.
- Communication – The ability to successfully and professionally express and exchange ideas and meanings with all levels of employees in the organization, the ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including customers/clients, the ability to work as an integral part of a team, ability to interact effectively with people in a positive manner that engenders confidence and trust.
- Reasoning and decision-making – The ability to understand, remember and follow verbal and written instructions, the ability to reason logically and make sound decisions.
- Comprehension – The ability to complete tasks without direct supervision, the ability to simultaneously address multiple complete problems.
- Organizational skills – Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, the ability to work and sustain attention with distractions and interruptions, the ability to perform in situations requiring speed, deadlines, or productivity quotas.