Website Early Development Services
click on link to apply
- 6 units in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Development
- Commitment to enrolling in a minimum 2 units of ECE/CD each semester until completion of 12 units including Child, Family, Community and Child Development as well as 3 units of infant/toddler development if in an infant/toddler program.
- Current pediatric CPR and First Aid certification.
- In good health and free of active Tuberculosis.
- Must provide completed Health Screening Report, Immunizations and Department of Justice clearance prior to employment.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the duties effectively as described above.
- Experience working with a diverse and multicultural population.
- The skills and willingness to deal with sensitive family situations in a non-threatening and professional manner.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, assume postures in low levels to allow physical/visual contact with children and engage in physical activity with children.
- Ability to effectively teach and supervise infants, toddlers, and preschool children.
- Ability to see and hear well enough to keep children safe.
- Ability to communicate well with adults and children of diverse academic, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds, including people with disabilities.
- Ability to serve as a model teacher to students, parents, and community observers.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct classroom and outside activities.
- Ability to be sensitive to all children in a multilingual classroom while modeling appropriate curriculum.
- Able to reach a child 20-30 feet away in 30 seconds without danger to the staff person’s health.
Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Possession of a California Child Development Permit at the
- Associate Teacher level or 12 units in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Development including Child, Family, Community and Child Development
Associate Degree in Human Development, Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or related field.
- Bilingual ability in English/Spanish.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with state-funded programs and special needs children.
- Special curriculum development skill in a specific area.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the EDS Philosophy Statement and the core values of mutual respect, collaboration and service orientation, multiculturalism and diversity, community service and institutional excellence.