City of Gonzalez
Gonzales City Hall
Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of the aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
• Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
• Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
• Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
• Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Must have current certification in Lifeguard Training, CPR & First Aid
• All certifications must be current through October of 2022
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the
• Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
• Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
• Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
MUST INCULDE WITH APPLICATION
• Copy of current CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard Certification