Website Aromas-San Juan Unified School District
Aromas-San Juan Unified School District
Under general supervision, assist in making the campus secure, including monitoring and supervising students before and after school, during breaks, and at lunchtime to ensure their health and safety. All members of your staff are part of our learning community and, as such, share responsibility for the education and well-being of our students.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Maintains the safety and order of students within assigned areas such as hallways, restrooms, shower rooms, playgrounds, crosswalks, streets, sidewalks, parking lots on or near the school.
2. Reports all student management infractions.
3. Monitors all adult and student campus visitors
4. Supervises in-house suspensions and detentions.
5. Maintains records of discipline-related activities.
6. May patrol off-campus when appropriate.
7. Interfaces with law enforcement and school and government agencies.
8. Regularly inspects assigned areas for unsafe conditions and refers potential hazards to the Principal.
9. Monitors student recreational activities to ensure school rules are followed.
10. Anticipates and intervenes to prevent situations that may cause accidents or endanger students’ welfare or safety.
11. Follows established procedures in case of discipline incident, accident, injury, or illness.
12. Intervenes and resolves student disputes.
13. Directs non-students off school grounds.
14. Supports and mentors students as appropriate.
15. Suggests, organizes, and implements student activities of a positive nature.
16. Performs light custodial duties as appropriate.
17. Performs other duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.
Knowledge of: Student management techniques; Use of proper English and grammar.
· Communicate with young people,
· Maintain firm, but patient and courteous attitude toward students;
· Learn District and school policies related to the conduct, safety, and welfare of students in assigned areas;
· Understand and follow both oral and written instructions; · Effectively supervise adolescents in all assigned areas;
· Exercise tact, diplomacy, and good judgment in dealing with students;
· Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
· Maintain positive relationships with staff, students, and the community.
· Graduation from high school (or equivalent); preferably some college training in safety.
· Experience in safety/security and first aid-related fields is highly desirable.
MEDICAL CATEGORY (Moderate Physical Effort)
1. Normally located in a work environment with moderate physical qualifications and requirements.
2. Required to perform duties outdoors throughout the school year.
3. Ability to lift 50 lbs. maximum or carrying any object weighing up to 25 lbs.