Social Media Internship
Welcome to Technology Cadre’s Social Media Internship Program!
Looking for a summer internship that pays competitively? Want to develop digital marketing skills and are eager to learn about social media while developing professional connections with local employers? Monterey County Workforce Development Board is currently recruiting interns for Summer 2023.
Program logistical details:
- The program starts on June 5, 2023, and ends on August 25, 2023.
- The training program will last from June 5, 2023, to June 30, 2023, where you will need to complete the CompTIA A+ course, which is the course that most businesses look for entry-level when interviewing potential employees. Participants who complete the coursework and receive their certification will receive a $500 stipend.
- Work at internship sites will begin on July 3—up to 32 hours per week at $17 per hour.
- The application deadline is Monday, May 22, 2023.
- You will be scheduled for an interview during the weeks of May 22 or 29.
- If selected for the program, you must complete a 40-hour LinkedIn social media course. You must complete this course on your own time and it must be completed by June 12.
- Orientation and interviews will be held the week of May 22.
What’s in it for you?
- Participating in competitively paid internship experience as a social media intern for the summer of 2023.
- Training in digital marketing, social media, and professional skills.
- Learning skills that allow access to tech jobs, which tend to pay well.
- Access to a mentor.
- Connection to local businesses that might be looking to hire.
- An opportunity to learn new skills, including learning how to create an effective resume, creating a LinkedIn profile, and practicing key networking and interviewing strategies.
Here’s who we are looking for:
- Motivated individuals (ages 18-24).
- Individuals should have a demonstrated interest in a career in social media and digital marketing.
- Individuals who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Questions? Contact Us!
Need more information or have questions, please contact Michael Artalejo – ArtalejoM@co.monterey.ca.us, (831) 333-6163, or Jocelyn Tafolla – JTafolla@co.monterey.ca.us, (831)708-6553.
The application period is now closed.
The Technology Cadre is one of Monterey County WDB’s five Cadre initiatives, along with Green Cadre, Health Cadre, Impact Cadre, and Future Innovators Cadre.