Getting Monterey County
Back To Work
Monterey Bay Collaborative Building Trades Pre-Apprenticeship Program
The Building Trades Pre-Apprenticeship Program is a 144-hour training program that prepares individuals for careers in the Construction trades.
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR 2023 CLASS SCHEDULE.
All classes are to be held at the Plumbers and Steamfitters Training Center, 11445 Commercial Pkwy, Castroville, CA 95012.
The Monterey Bay Collaborative’s Pre-Apprenticeship Program opens your pathway to the following careers:
- Heat and Frost Insulators
- Elevator Constructors
- Iron Workers
- Plasterers and Cement Masons
- Sheet Metal Workers
- Plumbers and Pipe Fitters
- Operating Engineers
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- General orientation to apprenticeship
- Intro to the construction industry
- How to interview effectively
- Blueprint reading
- Applied mathematics for construction
- Green construction techniques and standards
Health & Safety
- OSHA 10-hour safety certification
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Identifying and preventing sexual harassment and discrimination
History & Background
- History of the construction industry
- The heritage of the American worker
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Must be interested in a career in construction
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must possess a High School diploma/GED or completed higher education
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work legally in the US Must be able to pass a drug screening
- Disadvantaged and disconnected job seekers; specifically returning veterans, women, and young adults (ages 18-25) preferred
Funding for the program is provided through Senate Bill 1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017.