Website YWCA of Watsonville
Nonprofit Executive Director Search Announcement
Job Title: Executive Director
Position Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Organization: YWCA of Watsonville, California
Reports to: Chair of the Board of Directors
COMPENSATION: Annual salary range – $85,000 – $95,000, commensurate with candidate skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The YWCA of Watsonville, California, seeks an energetic, mission and values-oriented leader to provide direction, leadership and strategic oversight for all programs and services provide by YWCA of Watsonville. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) has overall operational responsibility for administration, staff, programs, and the execution of its mission.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The YWCA of Watsonville has a long-standing history of serving women, girls, children and families in our community. Our Mission is to “eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.” First established in 1929 to develop girls’ leaders and promote community services, the YWCA of Watsonville incorporated as a 501(c)(3) in 1952 to address the needs of the Pajaro Valley. Over the years, our programs have changed in emphasis and outreach, but our abiding vision has remained the same: addressing the needs of the community and developing strong women leaders.
DESIRABLE CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
1. Financial management experience in a nonprofit organization (preferred) or in a public agency.
2. Knowledge of the Pajaro Valley community.
3. Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and Spanish are highly desired.
4. Ability to supervise, develop and inspire staff.
5. Experience in developing and managing a budget.
6. Ability and commitment to managing the organization’s resources with integrity and accountability.
7. Knowledge of and some experience with Early Education State Funded Programs and Young Teens Leadership development program are highly desirable.
8. Ability to manage and administer State funded programs.
9. Computer literate; proficient in office software and social media tools.
10. Able to effectively communicate the mission of the organization to a wide diversity of stakeholders in the community.
11. Experienced in fund development/ fundraising, grant proposal writing and program evaluation and reporting.
12. Ability to engage and collaborate with a wide range of diverse individuals and organizations.
13. Excellent organizational skills; self-starter and self-directed.
14. Ability to think independently within the scope of the position, make prudent decisions and use good judgment and discretion in decision-making.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. Must be able to travel and provide own transportation throughout service area. Must be able to work evenings and on weekends.
COMPENSATION: This is an exempt position. Annual salary will be in the $85,000 – $95,000 range, commensurate with candidate skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Please see the full job description on our website – https://www.ywcawatsonville.org. Submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Candidates selected for interviews will be asked to submit three professional references. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by June 15, 2023. Interviews will be conducted beginning on July 1, 2023. Anticipated start date is August 1, 2023.