Website Valley Health Associates
Addiction treatment center
Valley Health Associates (VHA) is a non-profit organization offering intervention, prevention, and treatment services for those suffering from opioid and alcohol use disorders Established in 1992, VHA has been assisting and advocating for youth and adults in Monterey County. Come join our growing team!
The dispensing nurse will work in an outpatient clinic setting dispensing medications for Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) including methadone/suboxone per DEA, Federal, and California guidelines. The dispensing nurse will perform ongoing assessment of patients and assist in the primary care of patients within the MAT treatment program. Previous experience working in alcohol/drug treatment setting and/or MAT preferred but not required, must have a positive attitude toward individuals in substance abuse treatment.
Essential Job Functions:
● Administer prescribed medications, including Methadone, Suboxone (Buprenorphine) to patients in accordance with program policy and medical protocols.
● Use automated dispensing system(s), calibrate pump and maintain dispensing equipment
● Ensure compliance with security standards for the distribution and storage of controlled substances as set forth in the Code of Federal regulations
● Perform drug and alcohol testing such as urine collection and alcohol breath testing.
● Schedule monthly drug screens and monitor patient results.
● Inputs drug screen results in the designated electronic medical record system.
● Provide daily assessment of patients, may include vital signs and TB test administration.
● Receive and transcribe orders from Medical Director
● Occasionally assist with annual and intake exams, upon request of a supervisor
● Other related duties as determined by supervisor
● Knowledge and experience with Medical Assisted Treatment (MAT) and/or Detox preferred.
● Must be able to pass federal background check and DOJ live scan fingerprinting process.
● Excellent communication skills. Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
● Computer and data entry skills. EMR & computer proficiency preferred.
● Crisis intervention skills with ability to exercise and model good judgment
● Bilingual preferred but not required.
● BLS Certification
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand for long periods of time; use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
To apply, please download and prepare the job application below and submit it with your resume with cover letter and all other pertinent materials by email (email@example.com) or fax (831-424-9717) for consideration for our open positions.