Website The Salvation Army
The Program Aide will be responsible for the safety and care of children enrolled in the Kids Cafe Afterschool Program at the Salinas Corps.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, as needed.
- Assist youth with homework help and tutoring.
- Take the lead in program activities (outdoor recreation, games, arts & crafts) as directed by the Corps Officers.
- Adhere to The Salvation Army Protecting the Mission (Child Safety) policies when integrating and working with any youth.
- Assist with the transportation of youth to outside activities & chaperone if appropriate.
- Work at the main counter by checking children in and out. Verify, via valid, current identification that an approved person is retrieving the children.
- Communicate appropriately with children, adults, and staff. Respect and patience are a must.
- Assist with cleaning and resetting of program areas, as needed. This includes dining room and bathrooms.
- Prepare meals & snacks for children following food safety guidelines.
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or Equivalent or better
Some college or better in Early Childhood Education.
Licenses & Certifications
Food Handler’s Card
Please apply by clicking on the link: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/SAL1002/JobBoard/bcc2e2d1-d94c-2041-4126-28086417eb0a/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=61c530cf-eea1-4570-a822-ed63745864f2&fbclid=IwAR3sTekJvCkMCXfVY8VTt4FpRgERtxdDqJdKQeQyyxgVyd2WP24fvi83xk8