Website Sun Street Centers
Prevention and Treatment of alcohol & drug addiction
Responsible for teaching the educational component of all Driving Under the Influence program levels; providing clients with appropriate placement and orientation within the DUI program; conducting all levels of DUI group process counseling services. Maintain high level of confidentiality. Group Facilitators conduct group and education classes. Record Group progress notes and individual interview summaries according to Title 9 standards.
NOTE: Employees will be required to be vacinnated & fingerprinted.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Racial/ethnic minorities, women, people with disabilities, Vietnam veterans, and people in Recovery are encouraged to apply for all positions
Sun Street Centers
Job Description Position: DUI Counselor (Registered/Certified)
Responsible for teaching the educational component of all Driving Under the Influence program levels; providing clients with appropriate placement and orientation within the DUI program; conducting all levels of DUI group process counseling services. Maintain high level of confidentiality. Group Facilitators conduct group and education classes; Case managers conduct groups, education classes, and all aspects of client intakes.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Conduct educational classes following specific curriculum and adhering to Title 9 guidelines.
2. Accurately and promptly record and submit client attendance per State guidelines.
3. Become knowledgeable of local and State DUI issues and alcohol and drug research information and integrate into the educational curriculum.
4. Ability to conduct intake interviews effectively and in a culturally competent manner. Provide information on class, group, and interview schedules; CAGE test results, providing referral if necessary; causes for termination; attendance /absence policy; leave of absence policy and procedures; fee payment schedule and additional fee charges. Conduct exit interviews.
5. Perform fee assessments and adjustments to the financial agreement; Process all paperwork for schedules, leaves, etc.
6. Record Group progress notes and individual interview summaries according to Title 9 standards.
7. Assures compliance with agency policies and procedures.
8. Assures compliance with all safety regulations.
9. Assures compliance with all client confidentiality requirements.
10. May perform special projects or other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency and effectiveness of the program.
A minimum of two years experience in the alcohol and drug addictions field; Alcohol/drug counseling certification required; if in recovery, a minimum of two years clean and sober.
Reports To: Program Manager and/or Program Director
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and databases
2. Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service.
3. Ability to successfully perform individual and group counseling and educational classes following g a specific curriculum.
4. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing
5. Knowledge of alcohol and drug addiction treatment, recovery, 12-step recovery process, and the ability to effectively address issues of denial, relapse awareness, personal responsibility and prevention.
6. Ability to communicate and lead in a culturally competent and sensitive manner.
Extended periods of standing and speaking. Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent in meetings.