Website Soledad-Mission Recreation District
The primary responsibility of all Soledad- Mission Recreation District employees is to ensure safety, protect lives, and provide excellent service to our patrons. Program staff members go directly to the Program Director with any discrepancies, problems or questions.
Physical and Mental Essential Functions of the Position-Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Physical, mental, and emotional stamina to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position; manual dexterity sufficient to write, use telephones, computers, business machines and push a broom. Vision sufficient to write, detect, and distinguish between different colors, read fine print on Safety Data Sheets and visual display terminals’ hearing sufficient to conduct conversations, occasionally, over the noise from groups of people, in-person and using the telephone; speaking ability in an understandable voice with sufficient volume to be heard in normal conversational distance, occasionally, in crowds of people and for addressing groups; physical agility to swim, push/pull, squat, twist, turn, bend, stoop and reach overhead; strength to lift 40 LBS. from the floor and, occasionally, up to 60 LBS. of boxes containing equipment, office supplies, and documents. Physical stamina sufficient to swim for several minutes, stand walk and/or sit for prolonged periods of time; mental acuity to collect interpret and analyze data, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions.
Essential Functions of the Position:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintaining a professional and courteous manner at all times;
• Ensuring patron safety and protecting lives through:
o Providing first aid to program participants or observers;
o Acting as a backup to lifeguards on duty in the event of an emergency;
• Planning daily events to align with program outlines and syllabi;
• Preparing daily events to align with program outlines and syllabi;
• Conducting program events in a timely manner
• Promoting goodwill and all District programming by being knowledgeable about all SMRD programs, suggesting programs to patrons in public and word-of-mouth promoting within the community.
• Addressing all questions concerns and suggestions from public courteously and directing questions to appropriate staff members, if necessary.
• Answering phones and relaying messages to proper parties;
• Communicating effectively with other staff members, patrons, and management;
• Wearing appropriate SMRD staff uniform when on duty;
• Participating in mandatory staff safety trainings and meetings; and
• Assisting other staff members when requested to do so.
Requirements, Certifications, and Skills
• Must have current CPR-Pro, first aid, lifeguard certification is highly desirable.
• Must be 16 years old. If under 18 must be in possession of valid work permit.
• Some programs require Current CA Drivers license, personal automobile insurance, and a DMV
• Must be available on nights and during the weekend to work
• $14 – $16.00
*Send resume to email@example.com Resume preferred for all supervisory roles