Website Silke Communications
Telecommunications equipment supplier
Silke Communications is hiring professionals with strong sales experience in communications or technology, preferably with business-to-business and/or governmental experience. Candidate must be a quick learner, operate independently and with a larger team, and who has the right combination of customer service ethic, attention to detail, and can demonstrate the ability to maintain long-term relationships with customers.
This position will work in a consultative style to promote and sell communications technologies including radio equipment and services, WAN and LAN networks, microwave, DAS and more. Visit our website for a complete view on our offerings.
Responsibilities for the position include:
• Prospects for sales opportunities via telephone, personal visits, mailings, personal letters, internet searches, attending trade shows, industrial events, meetings, and via referrals from existing customers.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
• Attends customer meetings via telephone and in person to discuss sales solutions.
• Makes site and facility visits to observe and determine communication needs and possible solutions.
• Prepares and presents sales proposals to customers, meeting quotas set by management.
• Works with supervisor and credit manager to quote prices, credit terms and prepares sales agreements for orders obtained.
• Provides project management support and estimates date of delivery to customer.
• Trains new customers in use of equipment.
• Provides monthly forecasts, sales plan, sales funnel and sales results and annual forecast reports.
• Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
• Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
• Investigates and resolves customer concerns with deliveries.
• Contacts customers after sale to ensure satisfaction.
• Attends new product training as needed.
• Develops and implements plans and strategies for quickly developing sales territory.
• Articulates the value proposition of our products and services to convert prospects to customers.
• Proven success in ability to close new business.
• High-level understanding of radio concepts and a moderate understanding of general wireless technology (this can be learned on the job).
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
One-year certificate from college or technical school in sales/ communication technology; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A track record of sales success is more important to us than formal education, making experience and education somewhat flexible.
Base salary (depends on experience) plus commission, bonuses and expense reimbursement. Silke Communications’ team members receive excellent benefits including:
• Medical (employer paid for employee)
• Company-paid life insurance for employee
• Health Savings Account (H S A)
• ESOP or IRA with company match
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
*Submit Cover Letter & Resume Via Email (Subject: Wireless Equipment and Network–Outside Sales Consultant) To: