Website Scheid Family Wines
Scheid Family Wines
Salinas, CA 93908
$50,000 – $60,000 a year – Full-time
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
Full Job Description
Scheid Family Wines has an exciting career opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to join our growing team at our Salinas, CA location.
SUMMARY: The HR Generalist will be based at our Executive offices in Salinas, CA and will provide support of the HR functions respective to the assigned client groups (Finance, IT, Hospitality). The position serves as a business partner to management while addressing a wide array of employee issues, ensuring disciplinary consistency; compliance to policy, and ensuring consistency among and within work groups and teams. Will help support the company’s health benefits and wellness programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide high-quality advice and service to employees and resolve any issues that may arise.
· Coordinate leaves of absence, working closely with employees and managers. Maintain accurate records and reports of all leaves of absence.
· Track and coordinate monthly and quarterly benefits enrollments
· Maintain employee records in personnel files.
· Coordinate recruiting efforts for assigned client groups to include posting of positions to specified job boards, screening potential candidates, coordinating interviews, and making job offers.
· Conduct employee meetings to ensure smooth onboarding and retention. Help organize training & development initiatives to assist with retention.
· Assist in development and implementation of personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation to employees.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with and between employees, supervisors and managers. Maintain relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Promote and foster and environment of open communication and honest, candid feedback.
· Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems needed to achieve goals.
· Help create and implement goal setting and performance management programs.
· Maintains organizational charts of all hourly employees by department.
· Plan and organize employee events.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Business
· Minimum of 2 years’ HR generalist experience
· Minimum of 1 year experience in employee benefits administration
· Demonstrated high work standards-holds self to very high standard of quality and delivery
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated courage-willingness and ability to have difficult conversations in a candid and respectful manner.
· Strong business acumen, and proven interest in learning more about the businesses
· Demonstrated track record in taking initiative, working independently, effectively navigating ambiguity, handling multiple priorities simultaneously, and work in a fast pace environment.
· Knowledge of California and federal labor and employment laws and the impact on the business is a must
· Must possess valid CA Driver License and maintain good driving record
· Flexibility to travel to different company locations as needed
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
· Conflict management and resolution skills
· High emotional and cultural intelligence
· Ability to influence people at all levels of the organization
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer and phone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Family Wines offers a competitive base compensation, bonus, and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Employees enjoy a large discount on our products.