Website Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
Works under the supervision of the Senior Administrative Director Patient Care Services. Provides interpretation services of translating Spanish to English and English to Spanish. Performs Community based interpreting for our patients when the primary spoken language is interpreting. Understand the full scope of the interpreting services and functions as a resource for all interpreting services i.e. Video and Phone resources. Utilizes Liaison interpretation process where the interpreter translates every few sentences while the speaker pauses.
1. Education: Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
2. Certification: New hires/transfers must pass the Bilingual Fluency Assessment for Clinicians with a
rating of “competent” in the overall section and “competent” rating of 85% or greater in Spanish Fluency
prior to hire or transfer.
3. Experience: Community interpretation experience.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Must be bilingual in speaking, reading and writing English and Spanish including medical terminology. Hand/eye coordination and finger dexterity to accomplish data entry.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Exceptional public relation skills to interview patients and clients in order to obtain required information.
6. Essential Physical Requirements: See attached “Physical Requirements Sheet”
7. Essential Mental Abilities: Requires analytical abilities to determine priorities and judge information. Ability to handle the stress of multiple priorities, patient and client anxieties.
8. Essential Sensory Requirements: Must be able to hear, see, verbally communicate (English and Spanish) and have tactile sense.
Location: Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System · Interpreters
Schedule: Per Diem, Variable Hours, Variable