Landscape Construction Estimator
Rana Creek Habitat Restoration
Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA 93923
$32 – $35 an hour – Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have place hand sanitizer throughout the office, we provide gloves and mask.
- US work authorization (Required)
- Construction estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Full Job Description:
The Estimator supports the execution of RANA landscaping, design/build, and Nursery projects.
Primary duties include:
- on-site mobilization,
- monitoring fulfillment of contract requirements,
- preparing project reports,
- coordinating special projects as needed,
- communicating with clients and partners.
Assignments are received from internal Rana Creek sources, but a primary role of this position is to accurately compile cost estimates for leads and sales opportunities in a given timeframe. Evaluations of performance are based upon departmental growth, revenue, asset development, management capacities, and design innovation results.
- Estimating costs and budgets based on provided specifications and plans from Architects and General Contractors.
- Negotiating and estimating of contracts.
- Assist in the procurement and mobilization of projects.
- Provide accurate take-offs for estimation and proposal writing.
- Ensure the clarity of the scope of work and ensure compliance with labor use and government regulations.
- Liaison with management to timely appropriate material, equipment and personnel.
The Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of ecological landscape architecture and design and landscape / restoration construction methods.
- Ecological process and conditions and the preparation, planting, and maintenance operations.
- Standard sources of landscape and architectural information including design and estimating software.
- CAD Drawing and Drafting room equipment and procedures.
The Ability to:
- Read, analyze and interpret technical journals, specifications, drawings.
- Read and interpret systems, technical procedure, safety rules, operating and maintenance procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to document conversations and agreements to changes in work sequence, delays and materials.
- Write reports, daily logs and business correspondence.
- Communicate orally in the English language with customers, clients, and the public using a telephone and in-group and face-to-face, one-on-one settings.
- Communicate in Spanish where bilingual instructions are requested a plus.
- Work independently in the performance of work duties.
- Review or check the work products of others to ensure conformance to standards.
- Estimate labor and material costs from contracts or production orders and prepare nursery budgets.
- Work cooperatively with other employees, customers, clients, and the public.
Some positions require the use of personal or RANA vehicles on RANA’s business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for RANA’s business will be prohibited if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift.