Website Rise+Roam Bakery and Pizzeria
Rise + Roam is a modern craft bakery and cafe selling delicious pastries, coffee, and Roman-style pizzas. We are looking for a part time hourly Line Cook to join our team of staff who are passionate about cuisine. This cook will accurately and efficiently cook meats, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. The ideal candidate would have experience in cooking pizzas, or a background in pastry baking. If you are looking to increase our guests’ culinary experience, we’d love to meet you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare a variety of meats, vegetables, and other food items in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to chef’s standardized recipes.
- Prepare and cook pizzas.
- Prepare and bake a variety of pastries.
- Maintain detailed prep lists covering all aspects of each menu item coming off your respective station.
- Know and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at assigned stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standardized portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station, and kitchen.
- Follow proper plate presentations and garnishes for all dishes.
- Label, date and rotate all products properly.
- Open/Close the kitchen properly, following the opening/closing checklist for kitchen stations as outlined by the chef.
- Work as a team assisting others in opening/closing the kitchen. To be prepared for service or to efficiently close the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the chef or manager-on-duty.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with chef, managers, co-workers and service staff.
- Comply with all CA and company safety standards at all times.
- Assist chef ‘s in maintaining restaurant standards in all aspects of food preparation, cooking and storage.
- Ensure proper sanitation for food and Covid standards.
- And much, much more.
- Quick learner, able to take direction well.
- Background in pizza cooking or pastry baking preferred.
- Have availability to work nights, weekends and holidays when needed.
- Have the ability to accurately and efficiently work multiple stations on the hotline, or bakery.
- Maintain a clean and correct uniform, knives, and tools appropriate for position.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled shift, be in your station and ready to work at scheduled start time.
- Take a 30 minute, uninterrupted meal break as scheduled by the chef.
- The ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours), walk, sit, reach, bend, stoop, climb, frequently lift up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds is required.
- This position also requires continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills, and the ability to clearly speak, hear, see, and adjust focus.
- Each of the items listed is considered to be an essential function of the role. However, this list should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities of the position.
The Folktale Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Folktale Group LLC does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.