Website Republic Services
To apply click on Website Link
Job Type: Full-Time
Req #: R-068275
Job Category: Drivers
As a Driver, you will be responsible for safely operating a collection truck while driving through neighborhoods and communities across the country. You will get the chance to provide reliable, friendly, and consistent service for our customers who rely on us for an essential service. Your impact will not only be seen, it will be felt. Your job helps to keep streets, neighborhoods, and communities safe and clean.
What you will do:
- Safely operate a collection truck to collect waste and/or recycling along a designated route and transfer to a disposal site.
- Work closely with Dispatch, your Supervisor, and the rest of the driver team to service our customers on different routes and schedules.
- Load/unload waste and/or recycling materials at landfills, recycling centers, or similar facilities.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspection of your vehicle to ensure truck is in proper working order and address maintenance issues quickly.
- Follow all required safety policies and report any safety or employee experience issues to leadership.
What you will need to be successful:
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s license with air brakes endorsement (REQUIRED).
- Ability to read a map and/or use navigational devices.
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, some holidays, and weekends.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned routes are completed efficiently and safely.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes as needed.
- Good problem-solving skills to address unexpected issues.
- Desire to work as a team, while helping and interacting respectfully with each other.
Why you will love this job!
- You will be working in your local community, allowing you to be home every night.
- You will work for a company that cares about your safety and well-being, with great benefits and offerings to keep you healthy, safe, and well.
- You will have the ability to stay active, getting in and out of your truck while servicing our customers.
- You will work alongside great colleagues from a variety of diverse backgrounds and experiences who are committed to serving our customers and communities together.
- You may have the opportunity to make more money with overtime.
- You will be provided all required PPE, including work boots and all-weather gear.
- You can keep the dirt at work – laundry service for your company-provided uniforms.
- You will have the chance to earn bonuses for recognition of your great work and commitment.
- You will have a chance to advance your technical and leadership skills through on-the-job training, growth and development.
- You will be given the chance to provide feedback in our inclusive culture, through regular interaction with leadership and our confidential employee experience survey.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).