Website PRIDE Industries
Creating Employment for People with Disabilities
Under close supervision, the Store Worker performs stocking and cleaning tasks at a customer location whose primary function is the resale of merchandise in a retail environment, such as a commissary on a military base. Using non-motorized equipment, the Store Worker I moves merchandise intended for display and resale purposes, and displays it using a predetermined placement system of labels or other marks.
1. *Stocks merchandise on shelves.
2. *Rearranges misplaced product.
3. *Removes excess and damaged products, debris and cardboard.
4. *Straightens merchandise in a display sales area for a neat, full, salable appearance
5. *Rotating merchandise to maintain freshness and sale dates.
6. *Removing damaged or outdated merchandise.
7. *Returns excess merchandise to storage.
8. *Cleans, dusts shelves and product on or in display fixtures using various techniques common to the retail trade.
9. *Performs wet or dry clean-up.
10. *Ensures excellent customer service to customers with merchandise location or selection.
11. *May operate a manual pallet jack, flat-bed/U-Boat cart.
12. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• Follow instructions using structured process and procedures;
• Identify and work with appropriate tools/equipment;
• Flexibility of schedule changes, work duration and tasks;
• Availability to work evenings;
• Basic math to report quantities and determine placement of stock;
• Ability to interpret stock labels, shelf labels, date codes, and rotate stock appropriately;
• Ability to work collaboratively with management, employees, customers, vendors and demonstrate good customer service.
• Ability to manage and accurately track time, and adapt to changing work priorities;
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering in and around the commissary
• Bending, crouching, kneeling, squatting, stooping, and reaching
• Lifting and/or carrying up to 25 pounds
• Pulling and/or pushing up to 75 pounds
• Grasping both small & large objects
• Climbing/standing on ladders, step stools, and/or rolling stairs
• Coordinating skills to place and rotate products on shelf
Work is performed in a commissary, warehouse, or distribution environment with forklifts, material handling and production equipment. May be exposed to noise from equipment and depending on external weather conditions exposure to heat, cold, wind, and rain.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.