Website Peninsula Animal Hospital
Peninsula Animal Hospital is an independent, veterinarian-owned hospital that has served the Pacific Grove-Monterey-Carmel area for over 60 years. We pride ourselves on administering compassionate and thorough veterinary care in a friendly and professional manner. Our commitment to extraordinary service sets us apart from the multitude of veterinary hospitals.
We are currently seeking an experienced full time or part time OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR to help keep our veterinary practice operating smoothly, safely, efficiently and (hopefully) happily.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least two years of office administration experience, including supervising employees
- Be flexible and able to adapt quickly in a dynamic environment
- Have experience with a variety of office software (email, spreadsheets, word processing and databases); Mac experience a plus
- Be a team player and work well with others (human, canine and feline)
- Show great attention to detail
- Be able to communicate effectively in person and in writing
- Have a creative approach to issues and challenges and a tendency toward positivity
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Various Human Resources responsibilities including recruiting and onboarding staff, reviewing timecards and processing payroll, maintaining employee records, administering benefits and workers compensation programs
- Implementing and updating policies as defined in the Employee Handbook
- Supervising employees, including providing feedback, performance counseling and disciplinary actions when appropriate
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies pertaining to business and veterinary operations
- Assisting the Owner and Practice Manager in making decisions necessary for the day to day running of the hospital
- Maintaining business communications with vendors, service providers and other professional contacts
- Answering phones and assisting clients as needed
Veterinary experience as an RVT or Veterinary Assistant is desired, but not required.
Pay is dependent upon experience. Benefits include paid holidays, paid vacation, one free employee pet dental procedure per year, additional employee pet care and pet product discounts and the opportunity to cross train and develop new skills.