Website Original Jersey Subs
Team Member Qualifications
A Sandwich Artist greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepares food neatly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains it to guests accurately.
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner when dealing with guests.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Cleans as directed.
- Greets guests and prepares their orders, uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record their order, collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures.
- Accounts for cash flow and inventory during the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitization standards while preparing food, servicing food and clean up.
- Maintains professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Completes online coursework on the University of Subway® as directed.
- Complete all other assigned duties or tasks.
Education: Some high school or equivalent.
Experience: Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing and walking the entire work day. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.