Website Organic Pharmer
Organic Pharmer is a company on a mission to provide delicious food that heals the body. Organic Pharmer is a way of being. We firmly believe that everyone wants to be, and feel healthy. And so, our mission is to provide access to delicious hand-crafted therapeutic products that are nutritionally sound with the best ingredients. We are looking for a team member that will join us at Farmer’s Markets, engage with the community, prep our delightful food, and be willing to wear many hats! You will assist in the preparation of all food related items in the kitchen including stocks, soups, sauces, fruits, and vegetables. You will also assist in the receiving and stocking of orders, and shipments to our growing customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to learn the products and ingredients to discuss with customers at Farmer’s Markets
- Follow the station and master prep lists created by the kitchen leads. Work with the kitchen leads to prioritize the prep needs for the day and prep forecast for the week.
- Assist the team by receiving orders, checking them in and putting away the order in the correct area as set forth.
- Ensure all food products are stored properly and to the proper standards.
- Label, date, and rotate all ingredients on shelves so they are organized and easily accessible.
- Accurately measure and weigh ingredients and seasonings to be used in all recipes and cooking projects.
- Prepare ingredients by washing and chopping, processing, and juicing fruits and vegetables following practiced, proper sanitation standards.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as making soups, juicing and mixing produce, baking breads, granola, baked goods etc. following recipes.
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products prepped.
- Know and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Package prepared foods according to standardized portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station, including tables, shelves, convection oven, flat top range, sinks, and all refrigeration equipment.
- And much, much more.
- Positive attitude and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to be flexible and assist where needed.
- Passion for delicious, healthy foods is a plus!
- The ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours), walk, sit, reach, bend, stoop, climb, frequently lift up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds is required.
- This position also requires continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills, and the ability to clearly speak, hear, see, and adjust focus.
- Each of the items listed is considered to be an essential function of the role. However, this list should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities of the position.
The Folktale Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Folktale Group LLC does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.