Food Server duties and responsibilities:
• Greeting and seating customers
• Taking food and beverage orders and accurately entering them into the ordering system
• Making menu item recommendations
• Communicating any food allergy or special nutrition needs to kitchen staff
• Ensuring all orders are filled quickly and accurately and that food is high quality
• Providing attentive service to diners, like refilling drinks as needed and checking their needs during meals
• Promptly addressing any customer service issues and referring to management if and when necessary
• Performing some cleaning duties, such as at the service station, around the kitchen and in the dining area
Ability to carry and balance service tray on shoulder. Must have legible handwriting. Prior waiter/waitress experience preferred. Able to read English and requires basic math skills. Familiarity with Asian cuisine preferred. Able to manage/wait on multiple tables at a time. Able to work flexible schedule (including weekends and holidays) and is able to change schedule with short notice.
Physical / Mental Demands:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must be fluent and literate in English.
· Must present a well-groomed appearance.
· Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when required.
· Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
· Must be able to tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and air quality.