Website Natividad Medical Center
Applications will be reviewed as needed until the position is filled. Please allow 2 weeks for processing of all application materials. The eligible list established from this recruitment may also be used to fill future temporary and permanent positions as vacancies arise.Exam#22/50Y21/02SS.(Natividad may offer up to a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into permanent full-time positions).
Natividad is currently seeking full time permanent and temporary Dietitians in the Dietary Department. This position is responsible for providing nutrition counseling and education to patients. This position consults with the medical and nursing staff on nutrition as needed.
$5,874.27 – $8,023.60 Monthly
Natividad Medical Center 1441 Constitution Blvd. Salinas, CA
SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Provides nutrition counseling and education to in-patients or out-patients.
- Prepares education plans covering the steps of nutrition assessment thorough evaluation.
- Interprets clinical, biochemical and lifestyle data for use in nutritional education.
- Prepares, maintains and updates teaching materials and uses motivational techniques and strategies in nutrition education.
- Documents the counseling process, keeps records and maintains files.
- Consults with the medical and nursing staff on nutrition as needed.
- Provides guidance to Dietitian Aides regarding processing diet orders, calculating menu adjustments, and mixing nutritional supplements for patients on regular and special diets.
- Supervises Dietitian Aides, if assigned a position that stipulates that function.
- Participates in the Department’s Quality Assurance Program.
- Provides dietetic advice in response to infrequent requests from other County departments concerning specific residents at Adult Rehabilitation or Juvenile Detention facilities.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
Required Certifications: Possession of a Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) certificate issued by the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR), the credentialing agency for the American Dietetic Association, as mandated by State of California law is required. Possession of a Certified Diabetes Education (CDE) certification may be required for some positions.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Thorough Knowledge of: Nutritional therapy; Clinical and biochemical data; Educational Techniques; interviewing process; nutritional assessment motivational techniques and strategies; Charting in patient medical records and recordkeeping.
Skill and Ability to: Interpret clinical, biochemical, and lifestyle date to be used in nutrition education. Perform nutrition history and 24-hour recall interviews; Perform dietary evaluations, identify problems and suggest appropriate interventions; Document patient counseling process; Lead/Supervise Dietitian Aides; Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively both orally and in writing, with individuals of diverse cultural, ethnic, and educational backgrounds; Maintain cooperative, effective working relationships with medical staff, coworkers, patients and patient families, and all others contacted through the course of work; Respond in a positive manner to supervision and direction and attend work and perform duties on a regular, reliable and consistent basis. Operate a personal computer and use Microsoft Office Suite and other applications (word processing, spreadsheet and databases) as needed in the performance of duties related to the work.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M – F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant’s answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
To further assess applicants’ possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Natividad may offer up to a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into permanent full-time positions.
*VISIT THE WEBSITE LINK BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS OPENING: