Website Natividad Medical Center
$7,393.01 – $10,091.81 Monthly
Natividad Medical Center 1441 Constitution Blvd. Salinas, CA
Application materials will be reviewed on a continuous basis to fill current and future permanent and temporary needs. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment will be used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Natividad offers up to a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position. Exam #22/41K01/10SS
Natividad is currently seeking to fill two (2) full-time permanent Hospital Network & Systems Engineer positions. Under direction, the Hospital Network & Systems Engineer anticipates, develops, designs, implements, operates, and maintains Natividad’s hospital-grade systems infrastructure and technology components to ensure the goal of 99.99% reliability. Performs complex trouble-shooting of the Hospital Computer Information Systems (HCIS) network, and systems, utilizing expert trouble-shooting tools; responsible for all aspects of medical data communications equipment and services, including biometrics equipment; evaluates and tests new technology related to hospital and clinical data communications. Performs above in accordance with the Patient Safety and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA) Acts, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other regulatory agencies.
The Hospital Network and Systems Engineer is a fully experienced lead-level classification, responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of Natividad’s information systems infrastructure and all associated equipment, data, related software and applications. Incumbent engineers will be responsible for bandwidth and security requirements. Incumbent works closely with vendors and technical personnel from other Natividad departments and may act as the technical lead in IT-related project teams, and has the responsibility of evaluating and testing new technology related to hospital and clinical data systems and their communication within the Hospital Network Hospital Network and Systems Engineer is a unique class within the County. The potentially high consequence of errors, along with the nature, focus, diversity, and scope of responsibilities require thorough knowledge of the Patient Safety Act and HIPAA as applied to data systems, clinical and hospital specific software and protocols, knowledge of best practices in the design, development, maintenance and administration of a medical grade hospital-based LAN’s and WAN’s, as well as statistical analysis and reporting, performance measures, performance improvement techniques, and the frequent use of discretion, initiative and independent judgment. Incumbent performs duties as individual contributor, as team leader and/or as project manager, as directed by the Natividad Chief Information Officer (CIO) or designee.
Examples of Duties
THE SIGNIFICANT DUTIES OF THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Designs and implements short and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements; anticipates Natividad’s networking and business system needs as new service lines are envisioned and implemented.
- Designs, implements and maintains Natividad’s medical grade network and server activities to ensure a secure and stable environment for all of its users.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Engineers and anticipates capacity and security requirements; develops and conducts network traffic and capacity studies, and analysis.
- Assists with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Installs, configures and maintains Natividad’s advanced medical grade Cisco-based networks Local and Wide Area Network systems.
- Proactively manages and monitors the Natividad’s IT Infrastructure using performance monitoring tools and alerts, such Solar Winds, Vendor imbedded tools sets such as CISCO, Meraki, NetAop & Microsoft Wired & Wireless Network Analyzers and Fiber Optic Network Diagnostic tools.
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure development efforts. Interacts with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services. Conducts feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Assists in the day-to-day operations monitoring, optimization and growth of Hospital’s Data Centers.
- Provides highly skilled technical assistance in network and server planning, engineering, and architecture; provides resolution for network and/or server problems.
- Creates and maintains troubleshooting guidelines and associated support documentation on problem identification, fault isolation, estimation of effort hours required to complete problem resolution, and systems restore in the event of a critical system failure. Assists in providing troubleshooting and/or disaster recovery services to client remote networks as needed.
- Designs and maintains up-to-date documentation of network design, operations and procedure manuals and other technical documentation.
- Practices Information Technology asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Conducts portions of and/or assists other in preparing materials for technical presentations made to staff.
- May assist in training less experienced personnel as assigned and required.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Thorough knowledge of:
- Microsoft Server Operating systems, NetApp or equivalent Enterprise SAN & NAS Storage Systems, VMWare Administration, CISCO UCS Blade Server Hardware
- Multi-layer switching including configuration and troubleshooting in an enterprise LAN/WAN environment.
- IP Routing Protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
Working knowledge of:
- Medical terminology.
- Principles, practices, and current trends in hospital and clinical organization and administration.
- Requirements of the Patient Safety Act and HIPAA regulations, as related to information networks in a clinical/hospital setting.
- Familiarity with Meditech or equivalent EHR technology a plus.
- Principles and practices of project management.
- Team dynamics and team building.
- In depth knowledge of personal computers servers running on Windows operating systems services & tools including Active Directory, IIS, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy management, Print Services and Power Shell scripting.
- Experience with Backup Applications such as Rubrik or equivalent technologies.
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers such as Microsoft & Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with Office 365 Applications such as Exchange Online & SharePoint Online
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) technologies such as Microsoft Intune, Meraki MDM or equivalent technologies.
- Experience with Patch and Application Deployment such as SCCM or equivalent technologies.
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Secure ID, IPSec, and Token Authentication-based technologies.
- Voice Technologies and IP Telephony.
- Standard Telecommunications Circuit designations such as DS-0, T-1, DS-3, OC-3, and OC-12.
- Data Communications network design, integration, configuration principles and practices.
TCP/IP protocols RIP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, SNMP and RMON based network management and monitoring tools.
- Use of data packet analyzers and network troubleshooting utilities, such as Sniffers, first level Protocol Analyzers, Trace Routes, PING (basic and extended) NBSTAT, ARP.
- OSI Layers 1 through 4 and associated equipment: Digital Transmission Systems, switching and routing equipment, circuit termination equipment, V.35, T1, DS-3, Frame Relay.
- Wireless Technologies based on: IEEE 802.11a/b/c, 802.11g, and broadband 2.5/ 5.0 GHz bands.
- In depth knowledge of CISCO & Meraki Switches & Wireless Access Points.
Skill and Ability to:
- Work with applications development teams/vendors to identify and mitigate network & systems impacts of application changes upgrades and implementations.
- Work with clinical and management staff to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy.
- Learn and apply new technologies to NMC network infrastructure.
- Communicate effectively with medical staff, both orally and in writing.
- Utilize project management tools.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of data and information processed.
- Work under pressure, with tight deadlines, and minimal supervision.
- Take initiative; work independently and in team environment.
- Effectively analyze, identify, and diagnose data networks related problems and take corrective measures or make recommendations that lead to problem resolution.
- Understand the functionality and mechanics of IPV4 sub-netting, route summarization and network protocols practical applications on a LAN/WAN environment.
- Assemble technical documentation of network site surveys, project plans, Visio network diagrams depicting network physical layouts, and wiring schemes.
The requirements listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education and/or training:
Equivalent to possession of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business, or a closely related field;
Equivalent to possession of a bachelor’s degree in any field and one (1) year of experience in business information technology performing requirements analysis and documentation, system design and implementation and/or application maintenance and management, plus two (2) additional years of experience in software development and maintenance
Three to five years of experience in a hospital or clinical setting
Four (4) years experience delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
Four (4) years working on general LAN support, desktop support, Windows server installation, administration and support which includes:
Three (3) years experience with installation, configuration and programming of routers and switches;
Three (3) years of experience working with network management and monitoring tools, such as: WorksVendor imbedded tools sets such as CISCO, Meraki, NetAop & MicrosoftSolar Winds, Sniffer Protocol LAN/WAN Analyzer, and SNMP. Extensive experience in LAN/WAN integration, maintenance and troubleshooting, and extensive experience configuring and maintaining routing protocols, such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF and RIP.
Experience in supporting data communications environments including configuration and administration of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Firewalls, and security policy management;
Licenses and Certifications:
Two (2) or more certifications from Cisco, such as CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CISCO Meraki Solutions Specialist and Microsoft MCSE
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process, which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.Natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the NMC Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M – F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m.
All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant’s answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
To further assess applicants’ possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad Medical Center at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Natividad offers up to a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position.
*VISIT THE WEBSITE LINK BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS OPENING: