Website National Steinbeck Center
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Job Description
Our literary museum requires the talents and skills of a Part-time Guest Services Representative and Exhibition Guide. The successful candidate should be outgoing and friendly with a gregarious personality and a natural talent for customer service and feel comfortable as a cashier as well as a guide and able to approach strangers to assist them in their visit.
We want our guests to have a positive experience at the museum, so as the Guest Service Representative and Exhibition Guide, it would be your job to provide that.
· Greet guests visiting the museum. Complete admissions process with a prompt response to guests’ needs and then follow up by processing any purchases made in the bookshop. Assist guests in completing membership applications and transactions.
· Make reservations for school groups or tour groups who wish to visit the museum. Greet those tours when they arrive to facilitate their visit.
· Answer guest calls and transfer calls to other staff when needed.
· Meet and exceed guests’ expectations by anticipating the services they might need and suggesting local venues for entertainment or dining in the area.
· Maintain communication with guests in the galleries by interacting with them during their visit.
· Assist guests in the bookshop with any questions they may have and make suggestions that may help them.
· Help maintain the stock and tidiness of our working areas.
· Report any accidents or injuries to senior management staff immediately.
· Weekday shifts needed with occasional weekend and evening event shifts.
· High school diploma/GED required
· Verifiable experience with registers and cash management required
· Verifiable customer service experience required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office software a plus the ability to learn new applications.
· Bilingual a plus but not required
· Up to 20 hours per week.
· Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
COVID-19 Precaution(s): masks worn at all times indoors, Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Ability to commute/relocate:
Salinas, CA 93901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)