Website Monterey Tides
The Monterey Tides Hotel is seeking a dynamic and personable individual to join the sales and marketing office team as an administrative assistant. Previous experience with Delphi and Opera systems is preferred, however we are willing to invest in your career with comprehensive on the job training in these two cornerstone software systems of the hospitality industry. In addition to reporting and clerical duties, the sales and marketing administrative assistant will have opportunities to work directly with the guests on their planning needs for meetings and events. If you are a hospitality veteran or a newcomer to the industry, this is a position that would offer vast exposure to the overall sales and marketing operation of hotels.
- Greet and welcome all guests in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards when needed.
- Answer guest inquires regarding the hotel and conference services.
- Assist with entering group room lists and other reservations assistance.
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting from the sales team.
- Answer telephone and email messages. Respond accordingly.
- Prepare report packets for distribution among fellow team members.
- Prepare Banquet Event Orders as per client needs
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of Microsoft office, Opera PMS, Delphi.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Computer knowledge/skills required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Salary Range: $21 to $22 per hour