Website MONTEREY PENINSULA COUNTRY CLUB
Join our dynamic, energetic and service-oriented team!
Monterey Peninsula Country Club is a members-only Club focused on exceeding the expectations of every member, every time. MPCC employs hard-working individuals in the areas of Food & Beverage, Culinary, Golf Operations, Maintenance, Golf Course Care and Administration. We offer full-time, part-time, and on-call employment options with competitive compensation, attractive benefit packages and recognition programs.
Shifts for all positions may include mornings and evenings, weekends, and holidays.
If you do not see an open position that matches your qualifications at this time please create a candidate profile by selecting “Create Account” on the right-hand side to be considered for future openings
$18.00 – $20.00 Hourly
Don’t miss this opportunity!
We are seeking an experienced restaurant host with a dynamic hospitality driven attitude to join our food & beverage team.
For nearly 100 years Monterey Peninsula Country Club has catered to a diverse Membership of more than 1,100 Members and more than 250 employees. Our employees are our key to success and overwhelming member satisfaction.
As a host at Monterey Peninsula Country Club, we will ask you to:
- Greet all members and guests appropriately upon arrival using names when known.
- Seat members and guest at assigned table and provide menus.
- Facilitate implementation of walk ins into nightly reservations in a manner that will not compromise service experience.
- Maintain reservation system to include management of bookings and blocked time slots and update when necessary to ensure current dining room table configuration is always current.
- Confirm reservations when necessary and provide no shows to MOD for nightly report.
- Answer telephone with appropriate greeting and book reservations when requested. Take message and forward calls to appropriate individuals as necessary.
- Provide all necessary and applicable services to members and guests in a highly professional and efficient manner with strong attention to detail.
- Communicate service challenges to management to ensure proper attention is given to Members concerns.
What we will need from you:
- One year host experience in upscale environment.
- Private club, resort and/or hospitality experience preferred.
- Possess Food Handler Certificate or can obtain within 30 days of hire date.
- Possess RBS certification preferred or can obtain within 30 days of hire date.
- Must provide valid document(s) to work in the US.
- A great attitude and commitment to providing amazing hospitality.
- The ability to multitask, produce accurate work, be flexible and have fun.
- Commitment to embrace our Core Values of Professionalism, Teamwork, Mutual Respect and Accountability
What we will provide you:
- An excellent benefits package that includes free healthcare for full time employees.
- Pay that rewards you for great performance.
- An opportunity to advance over time.
- A beautiful place to work where the members treat you like family.
- The ability to play golf on our world class golf courses.
- A work environment that is not subject to tourism or significant seasonal downturns.