Website MONTEREY PENINSULA COUNTRY CLUB
Join our dynamic, energetic and service-oriented team!
Monterey Peninsula Country Club is a Members-only Club focused on exceeding the expectations of every Member, every time. MPCC employs hard-working individuals in the areas of Food & Beverage, Culinary, Golf Operations, Maintenance, Golf Course Care and Administration. We offer full-time, part-time, and on-call employment options with competitive compensation, attractive benefit packages and recognition programs.
Shifts for all positions may include mornings and evenings, weekends, and holidays.
$22.00 – $26.00 Hourly
Monterey Peninsula Country Club (MPCC) is a private golf country club located in the prestigious Pebble Beach forest. With over 1,100 members, two 18-hole golf courses and 5 food and beverage venues, MPCC is a busy and active Club. We are seeking an experienced All Around Cook to join our culinary team. This roles main responsibilities include assisting in the preparation of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, banquets, and special parties, and to maintain the food storage and preparation areas.
An All Around Cook at MPCC is expected to:
- Assist in the planning, creation, and preparation of meals for the permanent, banquet, and daily menus.
- Assist in maintaining preparation, storage, and holding areas in a clean, neat controlled, sanitary, and safe condition throughout work shift for following crews.
- Assist in maintaining adequate food items to support meal orders at all times.
- Work any kitchen position as directed by the Executive Chef or
- Executive Sous Chef.
- Ensure cleanliness of the kitchen above the level expected by the Health Department.
- Ensure all services to members are provided in a highly professional and efficient manner with strong attention to detail.
- Support safe work habits of all banquet staff and contribute to a safe working environment at all times.
- Consistently maintain the ability to come to work regularly and on time.
- Follow directions, get along with co-workers and supervisors, treat co-workers, supervisors and members and their guests with respect and courtesy, contributes to a positive and rewarding team environment and refrains from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Other duties and jobs may be assigned as needed by supervisor.
- Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Listed below are the qualifications that represent the knowledge, skills, and/or ability to perform this job successfully:
- Proven experience as cook.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.).
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to work independently.