Website Monterey Peninsula College
Public community college
Depends on Qualifications
Monterey Peninsula College is currently accepting applications to establish a pool for future part-time Men’s Soccer Coach.
Proof of Vaccination
New employees may begin working in their assignments only after the District has received proof that the person is fully vaccinated or an exemption has been approved.
Example of Duties
Under the general supervision of the Division Chair/Athletic Director, the adjunct instructor will provide instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, class schedules, and Governing Board policy; evaluate progress of students concerning educational matters, and perform other instructional related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and scheduling intercollegiate soccer season
- Organizing and conducting practice
- Recruitment of quality student athletes
- Instruct associated out of season courses.
- Contact the appropriate division chair or administrator in advance to make arrangements for unavoidable absences.
- Provide each student at the beginning of the course with written information about the course, to include a full description of the grading system and how the student will be evaluated.
- Accurately keep required class records on attendance, withdrawal and grading.
- Submit when due, all necessary reports such as attendance and grade reports, roll books, and class information sheets, and certify as to their accuracy.
- Comply with all institutional policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director as related to Men’s
- Intercollegiate Soccer, other teaching assignments may be available depending on qualifications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to, and appreciation for the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
- Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience OR
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience OR
- The equivalent. (Equivalency Forms must be submitted for consideration)
Professional experience is required when the applicant possesses a master’s degree. The professional experience required must be directly related to the faculty member’s teaching assignment.
- Previous playing and/or coaching experience at the high school or college level.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Master’s in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education.
Work Schedule / Supplemental Information
During the application process, you will be asked to submit the following items:
- Cover Letter
- We require unofficial copies showing all undergraduate and graduate coursework. Official copies will be required at the time of hire. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by the applicant’s expense. Click here for a list of Foreign Transcript Evaluation Services.
- Equivalency Form (optional, based on minimum qualifications)
- If you do not meet the minimum qualifications listed in the job announcement, but you believe you possess minimum qualifications that are equivalent, you will need to complete an Equivalency Form.
*TO APPLY FOR THIS OPENING VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK:
*OTHER OPENINGS BY THIS ORGINIZATION: