Membership Engagement Coordinator
At the Monterey Bay Aquarium, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. We firmly believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices, working together, increases our capacity to serve our visitors and fulfill our mission. We welcome people from all walks of life into our team and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Under limited supervision, the Membership Engagement Coordinator plays a key role in supporting the institutional goal of growing earned and contributed revenue. This individual is primary responsibility for planning and executing onsite and virtual member events, coordinating the production of various member and donor communications, and assisting with the implementation of our digital strategy to acquire and retain members and donors.
- Responsible for the successful execution of onsite and virtual member events.
- Set annual member events calendar
- Lead cross-functional team to develop and implement strategies that drive attendance and engagement
- Coordinate staffing to support events, including creating schedules and communicating roles and responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation and management of our digital strategy.Optimize and maintain customer journeys in marketing automation tool
- Build and schedule messages to send through email marketing and SMS platforms
- Provide timely and professional responses to incoming emails and text messages
- Work with Marketing to add/update web pages for Membership and Development
- Create and coordinate content for various print and digital member communications.
- Lead brainstorm/project launch meetings and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to draft copy
- Route emails, text messages and print proofs for review and approval
- Proofread for brevity, clarity, grammar and spelling
- Responsible for the accurate and timely production of various print communications – including, but not limited to, our Shorelines
- Member Magazine and Charter Member appreciation mailing.
- Manage production schedules
- Work with mail house to ensure timely distribution
- Query and format highly-segmented data in accordance with defined protocol and goals of emails and mailings.
- Maintain various program reports to track member engagement, event attendance, and performance of digital campaigns.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- Two or more years of project management and event planning experience in a non-profit organization
- Experience writing, editing, and proofreading
- Experience working with database programs, Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce preferred
- Familiarity with crafting digital communications
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to both work independently and to collaborate effectively on multidisciplinary team
- Must have excellent organization skills, attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work within and maintain Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Core Values