Website Mee Memorial Hospital
Healthcare with Heart
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION THAT MAY LAST A FEW WEEKS TO SEVERAL MONTHS
The LVN is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and monitoring of and scheduling of the Nursing/Medical Assistants. Serves as primary Triage Officer. In addition, provides more direct support for professional staff because of enhanced capabilities in areas related to administration of mediations and other medical procedures.
1. Implements safe therapeutic care to patients.
a. Safely performs and documents consistently the nursing procedures required by the patient.
b. Demonstrate proficiency in performing nursing skills.
c. Demonstrates knowledge of procedures and/or protocols
d. Demonstrates safe and efficient use of specialized equipment.
e. Demonstrates accurate administration of medications.
f. Prioritizes own workload relative to patient care needs.
g. Complete clinical assignments in a timely fashion including maintenance of equipment and supplies necessary for provision of patient care.
· Medication stock
· Medical/surgical supplies
· Maintains safe, therapeutic, physical environment.
h. Completes non-clinical assignments, tasks, and projects within a pre-established agreed upon time frame.
i. Coordinates patient care activities with other nursing staff and physicians.
j. Seeks out resources when feels uncomfortable or situation exceeds the scope of practice.
k. Explains test, procedures, and process to patient/family. Follows through on teaching phase developed. Assists in teaching patient/family knowledge and skills essential to understanding and coping with illness
l. Assesses patient/family level of understanding and documents on medical record.
m. Communicates and interacts with patient/family in a way that is perceived as positive and supportive.
n. Maintains cost containment effectively:
· Prudent use of supplies and equipment
· Appropriate charging of supplies
2. Daily coordination of patient flow.
a. Reviews appointment schedules; monitors working out of appointment schedules and reports any problems to supervisor
b. Prepares monthly and daily schedules of Nursing/Medical Assistants.
c. Oversees documentation in medical records and charting and log areas.
3. Direct patient care
a. Appropriately triages walk-in patients.
b. Assists with special and emergency procedures
4. Maintains professional responsibilities to enhance personal growth
a. Understands and functions within the scope of practice.
b. Keeps all certifications current
c. Plans for personal change and growth based on evaluation and feedback.
d. Participates in setting measurable performance goals.
With help, acquires knowledge or experience to meet goals.
- Graduate of an Accredited school of Vocational Nursing.
- Current California LVN license. Current AHA BLS and IV certification or certification in next available class
- Must be able to sit for 2 hours and stand/walk for 10 hours or more per day.
- Must be able to bend, reach overhead and kneel.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Manual dexterity is necessary for each and skillful use of the hands when working with patients or equipment.
Ability to work well with others and to perform a variety of assigned duties.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.