Website Mee Memorial Hospital
Healthcare with Heart
Responsible for handling and triaging phone calls, scheduling appointments, demographic verification, responding to questions and documenting within the electronic health record, taking messages, data entry, completion/verification of patient pre-registration. Will follow standardized guidelines for appropriately receiving and processing calls to expedite quality customer service and utilize the caller’s time more efficiently. Will know when and how to refer some callers to other resources that are better equipped to respond to their inquiry. Performs other duties as assigned.
Call Center Duties:
1) Interviews patients or his/her representative and obtains complete, accurate, personal, demographic and financial information necessary for scheduling an appointment.
- Timely and appropriately answers the phone, routes calls and schedule patient appointments.
- Work towards making patients feel valued and supported.
- Frequently check and respond to Voicemails
- Timely return calls and resolve or refer caller to more appropriate source.
- Make outgoing calls for rescheduling appointments.
- Assist in Confirmation Calls.
- Offers patient resource navigation to better meet their needs.
- Always courteous to clients, in accordance with hospital guest relations program; helpful in explaining procedures and administrative policies.
- Always checks patient information and updates as needed for each visit.
- Provides input and supports adoption and implementation of new technologies and activities that improve patient cared and clinic efficiencies.
- Is an effective, Subject Matter Expert Call Center Liaison (communication between Medical Staff, Hospital Staff and Call Center).
- Other Duties as assigned.
2) May attend to administrative needs of patient/family: (explains charges, alternatives for payment of bill).
- Refers calls regarding billing concerns to Patient Financial Services.
- Consistently able to acquire insurance information and reviews with patient to ensure accuracy.
- Consistently/accurately files all material during assigned shifts.
- Communicates to Call Center Lead any customer/patient complaints.
3) Performs cashier function as necessary.
- Accepts credit cards when patient requests to make a payment over the phone.
4) Operates clinic telephone switchboard.
- Answers telephone in a courteous manner.
- Identifies self and uses correct English when communicating.
- Pages in a clear, well modulated voice to ensure understanding.
- Demonstrates efficient, proper use of phone and paging system.
- Does not use switchboard for personal calls.
- Responsible for all emergency code calls; responds with expediency and efficiency.
5) Performs miscellaneous clerical duties to support billing activities.
- Typing is current; typing is accurate.
- Willing to learn new jobs and assist others.
- Consistently attends department meetings..
- Accurately performs verification of INS, including Medi-Cal.
6) Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Responds to necessary changes in work schedule; uses work time to department advantage by doing various tasks, such as stocking, ordering supplies or special projects.
- Performs other duties within capabilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- Knowledge of office organization and basic clerical skills
- Background and experience with computer terminal
- Basic knowledge of insurance billing – preferred
- Medical terminology – preferred.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Must be able to sit up to 8 hours and stand/walk up to 4 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift and push/pull up to 35 pounds.
- Must be able to use repetitive hand to finger dexterity motion.
- Must be able to speak and hear.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work with others and to perform a variety of assigned tasks.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.