Website Fresh Express
Maintenance Mechanic A:
|Maintenance Mechanic A is responsible for safely maintaining, repairing, replacing and modifying all processing, packaging and facility equipment with optimal quality and efficiency. In addition, the incumbent may serve as the lead Mechanic on projects or repairs requiring multiple mechanics or span multiple shifts. As the SME for individual repair projects, the Mechanic A may provide work direction to lower level mechanics.|
|Job Function Statements – Essential Functions:|
|1. Assists the supervisor with the execution of daily activities and distributes assigned tasks to the mechanics. This also includes training and monitoring the work of such employees to ensure work meets expectations. Reports variances or shortfalls to supervisor/manager as needed.
2. Effectively communicate with Technical Support, production personnel and other mechanics to identify problematic areas of concern; provide and receive feedback and/or support through collection and analysis of information.
3. Maintain equipment and perform basic mechanical tasks to keep equipment in optimal operational condition; Mechanic A is expected to repair 100% of equipment without direction.
4. Perform electrical repairs and troubleshoot for the following: PLC Controls, AC & DC motor controls, solid state motor controls, advance circuits and grounding, interpret diagrams, and test equipment.
5. Assists in the procurement of parts and planning of repairs.
6. Leads complex projects, preventive maintenance activities and repairs across the facility.
7. Operate CMMS system and demonstrate 100% functionality in order to complete work orders as well as log corrective maintenance issues in the system.
7. Read schematics, drawings, and manuals to establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
8. Perform emergency repairs: install, fabricate and modify stainless steel parts and/or equipment using shop equipment such as welding and cutting machines; weld utilizing electrode, TIG and MIG welders.
9. Support facility maintenance equipment, which includes the following: waste water equipment, compressed air, refrigeration and building safety equipment.
10. Must demonstrate an understanding of the company’s objectives including productivity, yields, food safety, quality, customer service and cost goals; daily work activities should support achieving those goals.
11. Oversee or perform (as needed) daily inspections, emergency repairs, routine adjustments and follow periodic preventive maintenance schedule.
12. Maintain organized documentation and inspection records; be prepared for a facility audit of such records and related processes.
13. Model professional workplace conduct and adherence to company policies such as the Code of Conduct, attendance, punctuality, efficient and productive work habits, and good personal hygiene.
14. Provide support to Process Improvement (PI) projects and participate on safety teams.
15. Serve as a resource to others in order to resolve mechanical and/or people issues.
16. Employees may infrequently be assigned to perform other tasks on a temporary basis.” During the temporary assignment, the employee must still maintain compliance with all plant policies but will not be disciplined for productivity- throughput performance.”
17. Responsible for actively supporting the other members of the employee’s work team including assisting with cross-training, new-hire/buddy assignments, and process support during breaks, meal periods, and other staff coverage as needed.
|1. Must possess proficient mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic troubleshooting skills (logic and control circuits) and emergency repair skills; ability to identify and repair problematic issues concerning all equipment and machinery, including finding innovative solutions to recurrent problems
2. Ability to use multi-meter and other measurement instruments
3. Must achieve a passing score on the Ramsay exam
4. Ability to read, write and speak English
5. Ability to direct and lead the daily Maintenance activities during the shift
6. Must work effectively in a team setting, as well as promote teamwork and cooperation
7. Certified for operating a forklift.
8. Certified for operating a scissor lift or genie boom.
9. Ability to analyze work requirements and plan accordingly
10. Ability to cross-train other mechanics as well as production personnel
11. Proficiency with Microsoft computer programs: Outlook, Word and Excel
12. Knowledge of National Electrical Code
13. Ability to work with single and three phase voltage
14. Must be capable of reading electrical/mechanical blue prints
15. Capable of troubleshooting and making the repairs on AB PLC’s (programmable logic controllers)
16. Ability to understand schematics, drawings, and manuals to establish facts and draw conlcusions
17. Ability to use a Computerized Maintenance Management System to track work orders, PM’s, and inventory.
18. Strong organizational skills.
19. Effective communication skills.
20. Ability to demonstrate math skills as part of the daily activities such as fractions, decimals, percentages and the metric system; efficient with ratios, metric system, and formulas
21. Familiarity with preventive and reliability based maintenance
(Internal applicant qualification) In order to be eligible for this position, employee must not have more than 3 attendance points, no safety, nor any other disciplinary warnings. Employee awarded the position will be on a 90-day probationary period to complete training and demonstrate SOP’s and all related tasks. Classification date will be reflected upon completion of 90-day probationary period.
This job will be awarded based on the ability to perform the job, plant seniority, and classification seniority.
|Other Desired Qualifications/Skills:|
|1. Related Bachelor’s degree or Maintenance Skills Associates degree
2. Ability to troubleshoot PLC controls, such as Allen-Bradley and GE Fanuc
3. Ability to demonstrate proficient fabrication and welding skills
4. Bilingual skills (English/Spanish and/or English/Polish)
5. Food processing industry experience
|5-7 years experience with industrial, high speed processing, packaging, weighing, filling and inspection equipment
Minimum of a High School diploma/GED, some Technical School coursework, or Mechanical Certification (must have at least one of these three items to be considered)
Must pass a drug and background check.
Please apply at http://www.freshexpress.com/careers