Website Louis PTAK Construction, Inc.
Specializing in the highest level of craftsmanship and efficienc
Have experience in the Construction Industry? Want to work with a well-respected organization where you can thrive? Want to be part of a collaborative team?
Louis Ptak Construction has a perfect opportunity for you.
Louis Ptak Construction has been building exceptional projects throughout Northern California since 1998 working as General Contractors and Carpentry Subcontractors. Our portfolio includes some of the largest and most well-known private residential estates, as well as an award-winning commercial building in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Compensation and Benefits: Attractive compensation package including 401K, health/dental/vision, holiday/sick pay
Superintendent Job Summary
• Responsible for all site construction activity in conformance with all construction documentation
• Manage onsite subcontractors (including scheduling, sequence, work performance, quality control, safety compliance)
• Directly supervises employees (labor and finish carpentry focus)
• Directly responsible for managing project specific health and safety plan
• Coordinates and manages daily on-site subcontractor coordination meetings
• Constant contact with the Project Manager (PM) to ensure schedule, cost and production is on track/budget
• Directly manages construction schedule using MS Project.
• Provides Three Week Look Ahead Schedule for distribution to all subcontractors
• Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications
• Confers with architects, engineers, designers, owners reps and clients to resolve construction issues through RFI process
• Provide construction updates and recommendations at all Owner Architect Contractor Meetings (OAC)
• Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules
• Stands all town/city/county inspections
• Addresses all designer/consultant observation reports and correction notices.
• Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports
• Performs other duties as assigned
Competencies and Experience
• 5 years Superintendent experience, 3 years high-end residential
• Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
• Experience working with design details directly with architects/designers
• Computer skills required: Email, Dropbox.
• Computer skills preferred: Digital Plan Review (i.e. Plangrid/Fieldwire), MS Project, Smartsheets, Excel, Blue Beam
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to exercise sound independent judgment.
• Knowledge of construction methods and OSHA construction regulations
Team Player with a Can-Do attitude! If this opportunity excites you, send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org This is a full-time position. Job sites are often outside of the local area and significant commuting times may be required.